Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 3 January 2003
Being someone who hasn't got time for all the usual palarva that tends to go hand in hand with cookbooks, I found this one a treat.
The recipes come in themes, each with a starter, main, and dessert that complement each other perfectly - eg BBQ, Spanish, winter warmers.
They are also set up according to how many people you are having over, and each recipe is accompanied with a colourful photo of what (hopefully) your finished meal will look like.
With everything from paella to beef and ale stew, sweet pizza to sticky toffee pudding, this is one cookbook I'm sure people will turn to again and again.
on 8 February 2010
A member of the public had submitted his apple crumble cake on the TV show 'Cooking the Books' and it looked delicious, just like the photograph. I then ordered this book after seeing the show and I must say it doesn't dissapoint. I love the way he has a 'to do' list before each batch of dinner party recipes, extremely useful - oh and the crumble cake is yummy.
on 21 February 2014
I personally think it's one of the best cook books ever. Why, because of it's structured layout and of course the amazing recipes.
on 16 January 2013
I picked this because Gary is a favourite of mine. The book was in very good condition and I am very pleased with it.
on 19 May 2013
I had already borrowed a copy af this book from a friend. Great for dinner parties. Came in really good condition
on 3 December 2010
I bought this as a present for my mother, after she had tasted some of the recipes I had followed. I like Gary's straightforward approach to good, wholesome food. There are no twiddly, fiddly things, just good looking, delicious meals with fresh produce.
If you entertain, this is a must. There are dinners especially designed for 4 people, 6 people and 6+. I am not the most imaginative person when it comes to deciding what starters go with which mains and so on.... Gary does it all for you and I trust him to get it right.
My most favourite recipe is berry fool, made with fresh blackberries, blueberries and home made custard...can't wait for Summer!
on 15 September 2014
Very much 80's and 90's style recipes
on 30 July 2015
Excellent book
on 30 October 2011
A very useful cooking book, the recipes are interesting but simple to follow. I have now used several of the recipes and mixed and matched the menu ideas to suit our tastes.,