on 8 November 2013
Wow this really is a fantastic book, to be honest I had no idea it existed until I received it today in a chance encounter. I had always been looking for a book with the history of service stations, being a big fan of the Happy Eater back in the 80's. This book does not disappoint, it has old menu's, fab photos, plenty of info and text on the history of such establishments (my personal fav being the chapter on Happy Eater / Little Chef). Apparently the book is available, despite it saying out of stock, you just need to request to buy a copy. I wholeheartedly say track the book down if you like some good old retro motorway history.
on 9 October 2011
I bought this for my hubby, he has not put it down since, he says it is amazing. Roads and travel are his thing- he's obsessed so book about motorway service is just up his street! LOL!
However, the book itself is not very well made and is coming away from the spine
on 17 June 2013
Excellent Book. A broad and excellent read. Worth spending a bit of time over such an unusual and enlightening subject
on 28 January 2011
A really good read, lots of great phots and interesting words about motorways, design, food and people. And this book is available! Its not really out of stock (that's just a message), so please order one today and you'll get it very quickly.
on 17 February 2011
This is not really a review and I don't wish to be unfair to anyone, but I suspect the above 'review' has been submitted by the book's author. I'd love to own this book and have ordered a copy. However, it clearly isn't in stock and you won't receive a copy quickly - I ordered my copy on February 9th and I'm still waiting.

Perhaps the Highways Agency have cursed the publication of this book and caused the delay, but someone clearly needs to get their act together here.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse