on 11 August 2014
In a fact, it works great as a source of solar power when connected directly to cell phones and tablets. But I bought it specifically to charge my portable charger. It does both very nicely.
These solar panels are put together in a way that makes them wonderfully portable--in a backpack or attached to a backpack with carabiners, or just about any other way you could take it with you. If you're stationary somewhere (in the woods, at a park, or ???), you can easily attach the panels to a tree or post or lay it on your car....really just about anywhere and capture all the available sunlight.

I've tried other portable panels. Some use proprietary plugs that are too constraining for my preferences. This little unit works just about everywhere and with just about everything. It's about an inch longer and a bit thicker than my Ipad Air in its cover. So, a good size for packing around town or in the mountains.
So far, it has proven to be a great product, well-designed, excellent materials and, for only the cost of the very modest cost of the panels, I can harness "the power of the sun."
on 10 August 2014
I am so happy with this one. Very good value for the money, and it is really a powerhouse. I don't wait for the power to be out to play with these, and use all my little folding panels simultaneously on a sunny day, its gives a quick charge to the Cell phone, ideal for the Ipod Touch, and now this bigger one is ideal for the Ipad Mini which needs more power. Had I not had the other panels first, I would have just gotten a few of these. Cheaper, and more powerful, though I am happy with the performance of all, this one is the best of the bunch. Very small and light folded up too.
on 8 November 2014
I bought two foldable solar panel chargers through amazon last month before my move to back home where there is an electricity shortage. I was very disappointed when i tried to charge my iPhone. every time i plugged it in i got the message on my phone that the device was not compatible. the product description on this product listed that it can be used with iPhones and this is false. i do not recommend this product as it does not work.
on 4 August 2014
This is killer. Charges my entire phone in a few hours, I leave it on my dashboard 24/7 and charge everything from my bike lights, extra battery packs, phones, tablets etc. Probably one of my most proud purchases. It has two usb ports so you can charge multiple things at once. I actually daisy chain three battery packs together so they are all charging each other. Pretty awesome.
09:22 August 01, 2014
on 5 August 2014
Amazing, I've tried a Kindle, iPad, iPhone 3, 4, and 5. Each unit started to charge as soon as I opened one panel. It's made well, has two USB ports, when folded its about the size of a sheet of paper. If you're looking for a solar panel, this is the one to buy.
on 4 September 2014
This is a great solar panel and it is much cheaper than other offerings.In direct sunlight charged as fast.This is a great charger. I went to a camping this past weekend, and needed something to charge my phone as there's very little electricity to be had on-site. There was, however, plenty of sun and this charger did the job. I have an iPhone 4, and both charged extremely quickly with this device. which is faster than I get at home on my (admittedly failing) tower PC USB ports. Charging multiple devices at once did not slow the rate of charging down for either device. The pocket to protect your devices is also a nice touch. This charger worked effectively enough that I was able to "share" its capacity with other members of my camp. I am very pleased with this purchase.Love it so much.
on 12 August 2014
Looking at the photos and description for this xdpowers product it's clearly the same as the allpowers panel of the same power and spec. The two companies are in the same building in the same street in china so it's actually the same people.

I compared the 16w panel to a 14w panel I bought a while ago and the power output is about half what it should be in sunny or cloudy weather. They're probably hoping most customers don't have a USB power monitor so won't notice they've been duped, blaming uk weather for slow charging rather than a dodgy solar charger.

You can spot fake reviewers easily, click on the reviewer name, click 'see all reviews', and if they've mostly given 5* reviews to products they haven't purchased (ie they don't have the 'verified purchase' label ) they're not genuine customers. What a scam!
88 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2014
Does everything it says, I'm camping as I type and last evening in very overcast conditions this thing was still pumping out power to my lantern, phone and battery pack using a 4 US hub. This AP solar panel has just replaced my slow bulky Smokey biolite thermo stove and i will be buying a second one. Very handy to have in emergencies. Highly recommended at this price....looks the part too. Just needs a better pocket system for securing cables and phones /batteries.
on 20 August 2014
When it arrived I was impressed with the look and feel of the unit as it seemed to be a high quality item. Unfortunately after testing the unit several times I ended up returning it to amazon due to its poor performance. Granted it may have been a defective Friday job, but I was unable to swap it for another one even though I was willing.

The first test was using my own cable (recommended in the manual) and placing the unit in direct sunlight for 1h :30min. This did charge my phone but only 2%, which is next to useless, also ran the same test with my girlfriend phone with a similar result.

The next test was in bright daylight but not direct sunlight, and although the charge light was on and my phone registered it was charging (it was switched off), after 1h :30min it had Lost about 20% of its charge.

It’s a shame as I did really like the build quality, size, weight etc but to charge any device putting on a sheep skull & a mankini, then using maracas to the ancient power dance of the potato people may have a better result.
on 4 September 2014
Excellent solar charger, works great, compact, and easy to use.I discovered that I could hang this item on the window and it recharged my phone and several batteries in quite short order. I'm certain that there was some reduction in efficiency, but it was very usable under those circumstances. I'm pleased with the purchase.