Colour: Black|Size: 5 UK|Change

on 24 February 2009
I first saw these a few months ago, but after buying (and loving) my Fly Midas, I waited and hoped the price would come down! I bought the black patent, and they are beautiful - I'm just going to have to show restraint not to buy another pair in another colour.

These boots are soooo comfortable. They seem to be very well made, and don't rub anywhere (on me, at least). As soon as I bought them, I went shopping in them - when I got home, I still didn't want to take them off. I used to live in high heels, but have got out of the habit of wearing them on a regular basis - but, I know I could wear these all day with no ill effect :-)

Over the years, I've found wedges to be the only heels I can comfortably drive in, and the shape of the heels on these boots is perfect if you're spending time behind the wheel.

Size wise, I've always taken an 8/41 (I know some companies seem to have moved the sizes around slightly, and now seem to consider an 8 to be a 42), and these are almost a perfect fit. Height wise (on me) they are somewhere between calf and knee length - I say this as I think they look slightly higher on some of the pictures. I like Fly boots as they come up narrower on the calf than many other brands. At their widest, my lower leg is about 35 cm, and it's about right for these. They are slightly adjustable, but I don't know by how much.

I think these boots would have been decent value at full price, but at half price, they are an absolute steal!!
on 28 March 2009
I bought these boots at the end of November and I loved them because they are so stylish and give a bit of height whilst remaining comfy for walking. However, despite only having worn them moderately, I was extremely disappointed to discover that one of the heels was wearing through to expose the grey internal structure of the heel. I thought the heel was a solid piece of rubber and would last for years but it has barely made 4 months of moderate wear. Furthermore, the funky curved shape of the heel makes me think it would be impossible to repair. I love Fly styling and funkyness but I have reservations about their durability.
1414 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2008
looks so smart and feels like slippers at the same time!
Every girl should have a pair. One thing, some colours look less shiny on the photo but there are all patent..
11 comment|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2015
I am 8-1/2 narrow in U.S. sizing, 39 in Fly boots (my 5th pair in many years) fit my foot perfectly as usual. However, I have a narrow calf and the Yule is wider than my Yust (2nd pr.) and another style previous pair. I am disappointed the Yule is so much wider, and I ordered 2 pr. in different colors this time direct from the UK; I'm not returning them as postage too expensive and I do like the materials and colors. I thought with the wrap strap at the top would adjust smaller, which they do somewhat - but the appearance on my skinny leg is more 'Wellie' than I expected. Just ordered a tall Halle style Fly boot (with fab 3" heel) from Nordstrom. I loved, adored the style, heel, sole - perfect and awesome but returned for only reason too wide calf. Am giving these fit details because many have fuller calves and need to know Fly styles that would be best for them. The boot deserves 5 stars, but not for me only because of the calf sizing.
on 3 February 2009
I bought these boots for Christmas. I chose the black patent version. I am absolutely delighted with them and get asked all the time where I got them from. They are really funky and REALLY comfortable. I wore them to see a live band and spent 2 hours dancing but my feet still felt great.

I would highly recommend them.
on 7 January 2012
These are lovely, comfy boots and I love the way they look, but I have been really disappointed with the quality. After only one winter's wear, one of the heels was totally worn through and began letting in water. Due to the design of the heel, it is really hard to get them mended, though I did find a repair shop who did a fairly good job, but now the zip has gone on one of them! I think this is because they go very baggy around the ankle, so the zip gets wrinkled. For the price, I was expecting a boot that would last a long time, but sadly, this isn't it.
on 26 September 2014
Ordered similar to these from fly but these are the best by far. I would normally take a size 5 but can sometimes wear a 4. I ordered a 4 as they were cheaper than the 5 and the 4 fit perfectly. They are a very comfortable boot with a good height to the platform, which I like only being 5foot 2in. I would recommend them.
on 4 March 2014
I was very excited to receive these boots as I have admired them for a while. I ordered the brown pair, and they look amazing. The only problem is that I couldn't get them past my calf! I have always been sporty and have slightly muscly calves but do wear other long boots well. The design of these made it very difficult to pull up, the elastic was very tight (not flexible at all) and the zip doesn't fasten to the top.

Unfortunately I have had to return them. I like the look and feel of the Fly boots -and adding height whilst still being comfortable so will try a different style!
on 17 October 2012
After initially being delighted with the boots, superbly styled and very comfortable, I was desperately disappointed when the sole cracked open completely last month. I have numerous pairs of boots and could not have worn these more than 4 or 5 times a month over the past year. For what is cracked up to be a good make of shoe, a cracking sole, that makes the boots unwearable within a year is not what one expects. I will be in touch with Fly directly to hear what they have to say. Expect an update.
on 22 August 2015
These boots was returned, I asked for a return label as soon as I opened the box. The quality of the leather was poor and would look at home in a outdoor market stall. I have other fly boots and this was not the standard of leather I would expect from Fly. The fit of the boot was good, broad enough for my feet and calves. The pictures do not show the boot as green but I read the reviews and knew what I should expect. The colour was acceptable and I would have kept the boot if it had not been made out of poor quality leather.