Size: 6 UK|Colour: Petrol|Change

on 5 November 2014
This is my 7th pair of fly mes boots and I just can't get enough of them! I always buy a size up on all closed fly shoes (my size for open toe shoes) and sometimes I get two sizes up on the boots because the cut around the toes is nearly always very narrow and also I have high insteps so getting my heels and instep through the fully open zip is always a problem in my size. I think I was really lucky getting these in petrol though as fly do not seem to have released many mess boots in this colour this year - they seem to have swapped over to a far darker green called 'diesel'. The petrol colour gives a beautiful pop of bright, yet tastefully muted fern-green and I adore them! So comfortable, stylish and femme! However, at £115 they are the most expensive mes boots I have bought.
on 20 April 2012
I read the very mixed reviews for these boots and really doughted if I should buy them. I found them on amazon wearhouse deals for £70 and thought "what the hell". So when I got the boots firstly; they were in excellent condition, no signs of wear (which it was suggested there may be, hence the price reduction). I treated them with the dubbin I use on my riding boots and so far have had no issues with water getting in. I'm very happy with my comfy, great coloured boots and would buy them again!!
on 6 November 2013
Really loved these boots and soooo badly wanted to keep them, however the petrol blue wasn't the gorgeous blue shown on line more of a dark green. Still a lovely colour, but for me with a tight budget, it would have been extravagant to keep them. Fit was great - I went for a 7 as previous reviews had mentioned it being difficult to get on and it was probably necessary to do so although never tried the 6.. I'm usually a 6 but have had to get 7 in Fly before!! Sad they're gone! :(
on 18 January 2015
Love these boots, but after reading other peoples reviews decided to buy a size 6 (I am normally a size 5) - so glad I did as a 5 would have been too small. At first it was a bit of a struggle to get my foot in, but this got easier the more I wore them. Only just a fit around the top so if you have chunkier calves this may not be the style for you. I also used waterproofing spray on them which I think helps, overall love the boots and the colour!
on 23 September 2014
Despite the 4 stars I actually sent these back because I didn't like the colour when they arrived - too green and not a greeny blue as I expected. Lovely fit and style though. I particularly like the functional buckle on the side calf which means you can alter the fit slightly. I have a problem with most boots being too baggy on the calves but these are ok. I replaced them wiith a pair of Mes 2 in the Diesel colour which is much softer.
on 20 March 2014
I love these boots - bought black and petrol - and will keep both. Petrol - great price - same great boot - but have since sourced and applied 6 coats of Navy show cream to get the blue boot i was after !!! These are very green for the desription of petrol and can hardly be much different ot the green boots they do ??
Overall they look great now and are just soooo comfy.
on 1 November 2013
I already have these boots in brown from last winter and love them so much I got them in petrol green too! The only problem, as other reviewers have commented, is that they are not very waterproof and still leak a bit in heavy rain/ walking over wet grass despite using waterproofing spray.
on 30 October 2012
I love these, very comfortable, they are true to size on me. I purchased the size 7 and they fit perfectly. I purchased the petrol colour and they are more green than blue, but look just as great. I will probably purchase another pair, its just knowing which colour to buy....
on 29 October 2013
I bought the red patent boots last year and found the petrol ones for a great price! Great fit and so comfy and I hope stylish, leave good footprints and go with the blue colours in the shops at mo so easy to find a skirt to match. I would recommend these boots!
on 16 January 2015
I saw a pair on the high street and hoped I can buy one cheaper online.

I wanted to have diesel coloured pair and hoped this petrol will be the same.
But no! These are a bit more blue than the picture and not what I hoped!

See one answered question