Size: 6 UK|Colour: Green|Change

on 4 February 2009
I am thrilled with these boots, but buyers should note the sizing of these is not the most generous and if you have 'mighty calves', chances are they may not accommodate your legs!
11 comment|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2013
Really love these boots. Keep my feet really warm and so comfortable. Planning on wearing them all winter. Not completely waterproof however.
on 8 January 2012
These boots are very stylish to look at and the sole is super grippy - it's managing to survive slippery Norwegian conditions at the moment! However the boots leak terribly - and I haven't immersed them in puddles or even walked a lot in heavy rain - but wet pavements and rain combined is too much for them. Annoying when they are at the higher end of the price range....
on 15 February 2014
Hi these are lovely soft leather. The only thing I would say as they are a very tight fit on my calves, so if you are of the thicker calf type, think twice about these.
on 7 January 2013
I was apprehensive about buying these boots for 2 reasons after reading other reviews: Lots of people commented on them being a very narrow fit around the calf and others complained about them letting water in. Well, I am a size 7 and I have, I would say, very average calves - not fat, but definitely not skinny, and they fitted perfectly. In fact, they also have an adjustable strap so had I found them a little too snug I could have loosened them also, but there was no need. I have fairly narrow-ish feet and I found them to be a little wide but that just means I have the option to wear thick socks if I choose. They are very comfortable with or without thick socks. As for them letting in water, I took the advice of some other reviewers and purchased a tin of dubbin and smothered them with this when I bought them and so far no issues when out in quite heavy rain. They are very stylish but casual and I would say a little reminiscent of my Doc Martins from my teenage years in their feel. There are two bad points I have found: The first is their smell; they have quite a strong fishy smell when brand new but it does seem to be fading with wear. The other is the soles aren't great on smooth floors; they slide a bit on the floor of my local supermarket especially when they are wet. However, when traipsing through the mud at the local park, they seem to grip very well. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and I am definitely a new convert to Fly London.
on 18 November 2012
I love these boots. Comfy and good looking. The leather is super soft and very supple which along with the springy soles make them for like a glove.
on 30 December 2014
There are so many reviews saying how these boots are not at all waterproof. So don't buy! but Fly have obviously taken this on board and are now making the Mol with a much better sole. Thought these were the new sole type- have returned.
Have had a pair of Fly Chelsea boots with the new sole for over a year, and are you great quality you expect from Fly, waterproof on unexpectedly muddy walks.
on 14 November 2011
I placed my order on Friday, these arrived on Monday in excellent condition. I bought dark drown and they are the colour of bitter dark chocolate- the darkest brown I have ever seen for boots. The price on amazon was amazing - £135 in the shops, £81 on here with the 10% discount. Very comfortable so far, but a bit hard to get the bridge of my foot into the first couple of times. By adjusting the buckle to the largest setting my 14" calfs fit just fine, but this really is at the maximum. With a leather stretcher spray I think you could maybe get an extra 1-2cm as the leather is so soft, but to stretch it by more than that might leave stretchmarks on the leather itself as the leather feels quite delicate in this respect. I'm definately going to listen to other reviewers and spray these boots thoroughly with water repellent before even stepping foot out of the house. For the price, comfort, and such a classic design from such a well known brand, I think these are a great buy!
on 24 October 2014
Nice snug fit, very comfortable, haven't taken them off since they arrived!!!
review image
on 14 November 2014
I bought these boots hoping they would get me through the winter but have been really disappointed. They fitted perfectly for about two hours after which I've had to double sock.
Also, they look as if the will be fairly sturdy and non slip but don't be fooled. They are lethal on a rainy day.
Very disappointed