Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Mar 2012 10:41:12 BDT
Cazcaz says:
I am thinking of buying this tablet but would like to use it when travelling does it have a flight mode installed?

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 15:31:47 BDT
H. A says:
Hmmm,

I am unsure as to why you would want a flight mode as tablets don't have GSM signals, flight modes turned off mobile phone broadcast and receive so as not to interfere with flight instruments but tablets don't do this anyaway. Generally more modern versions of tablets don't have a flight mode at all because it is a hang over from when tablets just used a hacked mobile phone OS, now Android on tablets is specifically for tablets there is no need for a flight mode. If you can confirm exactly what features it is you are looking for in flight mode I will do my best to help

all the best

Android Slates

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2012 10:12:09 BDT
Smurf says:
Hello,

I'm not the OP, however could I perhaps rephrase this question to cover a non-flight scenario - Can you turn off the wifi?

I do this whenever possible (i.e. when not surfing the web) for two reasons - wifi drains the battery at a faster rate (this is particularly noticable on my kindle), and I consider wifi radiation to be unhealthy (I'm not intending to get into a discussion or argument about this however)

From the initial response I inferred this wasn't possible, however it would be good to have definitive confiirmation. This would be a deal breaker for me.

Many thanks

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 10:16:58 BDT
H. A says:
Hi,

yes you can turn off WiFi at the touch of a button no problem at all. The easiest way is to install the power bar widget on the home page, then you don't need to go into settings to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2012 11:41:12 BDT
Smurf says:
Hi H.A

Thanks for the ultra speedy response on this - much appreciated!

Regards

Andrew
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
CloudNine Neuropad2 Android Tablet - Now with Android 4.0.3 ICS - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Fully compatible with Facebook, Youtube player and Skype
CloudNine Neuropad2 Android Tablet - Now with Android 4.0.3 ICS - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Fully compatible with Facebook, Youtube player and Skype by Cloud
3.9 out of 5 stars   (175)