Olivia Chantry may keep her desk in disarray, but she's a dynamo when it comes to business: her Seattle-based company, Light Fantastic, organizes dazzling events that create the flash her clients need to promote their products or their causes. Her marvelous success has almost made up for a marriage that ended in disaster and left her wedded to a career instead of a mate.
She certainly has enough on her well-sculpted shoulders when she inherits a portion-- 49 percent, to be precise-- of Glow, Inc., her uncle's high-tech lighting firm. But it's the interloper who bagged the other 51 percent with whom Olivia has butted heads: Jasper Sloan, a venture capitalist and dealmaker known as a man with all his ducks in a row, and his neat, orderly life under control.
From the start of their feisty business dealings, the so-called partners nearly crash and burn: they are suspicious of each other's motives. They disagree about management style. They argue about Glow's policy of employing members of the Chantry family, from Olivia's cousin Bolivar to her Aunt Zara, the ex-soap star. But the snap, crackle and pop of their sexual energy can not be denied. Now, their steamy joint venture is headed unmistakably in one direction: trouble.
As Olivia and Sloan soon discover, a blackmailer is hard at work inside Glow, Inc., uncovering secrets that they both had reason to hide-- and that may come back to haunt them. Suddenly their new relationship faces the acid test of truth... and a need for absolute trust. They might fight each other all the way, but when extortion turns to murder, a union of their minds-- and hearts-- might be their only chance to stay alive.
Sparkling with Jayne Ann Krentz's irresistible blend of sassy wit and sheer suspense, "Flash" explodes into passionate pyrotechnics as a beautifully mismatched pair finds the bottom line isn't making it in the marketplace-- it's the merger of hearts.