on 17 December 2003
Having just finished my first book on web design, Dreamweaver MX for Dummies, i decided to start to learn Flash in order to make my sites more dynamic. I bought this book as I wanted to take the basic approach to learning the program. It did not disapoint. The book is very easy to follow and understand with plenty of illustrated steps and 'Hot Tips'.
After finishing it the only down side is that it is hard to find a book that starts where this has finished. Most other books will have all the basic stuff in it as well. I therefore think that it is better value to buy the Flash MX for Dummies as it starts at the same level but continues in to much more depth.
I would have to recommend this book to anybody who wants to be able to create reasonably good flash sites in a short amount of time.
on 9 February 2010
The book is reliable as a technical book but the illustrations were often in tiny, tiny text. I had to use a magnifying glass to make out what the illustrations meant. Still with patience it would get you there.

I found that the pages were brightly illustrated and the whole thing was a good read until I tried it in association with the keyboard.
on 26 November 2014