Size: Hurricane Bubble Machine|Change

on 13 February 2006
Absolutly fantastic.

I have never used a bubble machine before so I was a little unprepared for what I got!

I have a two-year old with cerebral palsey and I bought it for her for christmas. She loves it. Sadly because it works so well, I've had to put it away until summer, when I can use it in the garden.

It just makes masses and masses and masses of bubbles and, only having small rooms, it's actually *too* effective. However my other children think it's great and it has been used recently, to great effect, for another daughter's birthday party.

If you have a bit of space in your house I imagine it would be less over-whelming. Also, watch out when using in rooms with vinyl/laminate flooring. This many bubbles bursting on the floor will make it slippery.

All-in-all, though, extremely good value for money.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2006
My nephew loves bubbles and this is a great solution to not dying of suffocation from trying to use the "manual" bubble pots!
No more light headedness, feeling of nausea and general ill health of continual blowing to subdue to cry's of "more bubbles, more bubbles!" The solution really is worth buying, although you can use washing up liquid - this doesn't produce the same multi-coloured array of floaty light bubbles. Highly recommend doing this outdoors - especially if you have laminate, as this can get very slippy!
It produces loads and loads of bubbles - which is quite enjoyable to watch!
on 31 October 2005
Bought for a 4yr old and a 2 yr old who have thoroughly enjoyed it. Comes with a certain amount of bubble mixture, but have found you can use diluted washing-up liquid no problem once that runs out.
on 13 July 2005
I tried this out yesterday in the glorious sunshine. It was fairly easy to use but the screws for the battery compartment were on very tight. You will need 6 AA batteries for this toy and they do NOT come with it.
I enjoyed this product immensely and it was very relaxing watching the bubbles float away. The blower is a little noisy but dont let that put you off!
Would be good for a childrens party or treat yourself!
11 comment|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 February 2009
We bought this for our dog, who loves chasing soap suds and bubbles. This little toy really 'makes bubbles'. Not a few but loads! Really surprised us all and the dog absolutely loved it.
OK, maybe not a strong as a disco bubble machine, but terrific value for money. Thanks
on 17 January 2010
Only got about 3 use out of this and it has packed up so not durable at all and disappointed!
on 20 February 2007
We bought this bubble machine for our daughter for her 3rd birthday, thinking it would go down well at her party. And it did!! It is great, stick 6 AA batteries in it (not included) add the mixture (included) and flick a switch to get literally gazillions of bubbles.

We had this on and off all afternoon and only used about half of one bottle of the bubble mixture - I had bought refills not knowing how long the mixture would last, so they should keep us in bubbles for ages!

It is easy to set up and use, and really does produce A LOT of bubbles. My daughter and her friends loved it, so I would recommend this to anyone looking to buy one. It's a great price and a great product.
on 25 November 2011
Whoever said bubbles were only for kids were really wrong! Bought this as a joke for a friend of mine for her birthday and it turned out to be the smash of the party.

The only possible downside is the fact that you have to change the batteries every once in a while and also buy refills for the bubble liquid. But other than that, it's great that you only have to press a button and not worry about spilling the bubble liquid all over yourself when your huffing and puffing fail. It does make a lot of bubbles per press (I haven't counted them, so I'll just have to trust them and say it was thousands!).

Also, they come out in all sizes, not just tiny ones that pop too fast. We were chasing bubbles around and giggling like 8 year olds, making the neighbours roll their eyes. I might just buy one for myself. Always handy when you want to revert into a child again. Another aspect that I found great is that the liquid doesn't stain (and it is inevitable to run into the bubbles so thank heavens for that!).
on 2 May 2011
We've had it for a month now and it's always a lovely display of bubbles. It goes through the mixture pretty quickly but that's to be expected with the amount of bubbles you get from it. I think the whole bottle went in thirty minutes, but bubble mixture is cheep and easy to make. Also my kids tend to be fascinated for 5 - 10 minutes before getting board. Then we can turn it off (my three year old can turn it on and off) and bring it out again in a few days. I think it needs parent suppervision to keep it from being treated like a regular toy but having said that it did get dropped once and it still works.
review image
on 12 June 2009
Great fun for children who love bubbles. The toy indeed delivers the non-stop stream of countless bubbles it promises, 4,000 bubbles per minute. Cons: it doesn't look very solid so one has to be very careful when washing it after use. Also, make sure you buy extra bubble solution with your order so you don't buy all the time, the first bottle is used up very very quickly. Overall the kids get very excited and it is a good bargain for its prize.