Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 March 2012
This is an excellent book for beginners. However, if you are looking or expecting a book that is similar to Diane's 'Shaped Beadwork' in terms of difficulty and inspiration then this book is not for you. I was now inspired by the book I'm afraid, and even the gallery at the back, which was meant to inspire my creativity, did little to do so and in fact didn't showcase some of Diane's best work I feel.

A big BUT: if you are a beginner to jewellery making and bead weaving, then give this a try. It's a well thought out book and visually pleasing, and Diane's instructions are clear, as always.
on 8 June 2013
This book offers a range of fun projects which are a pleasure to make. I have just beaded 2 pretty flower baskets for friends' birthdays and enjoyed making them a lot! I had stopped beading for a while and was delighted to create such cute presents which were very well received. There are more projects I want to make from this book. This book brings the fun back into beading! It shows Diane Fitzgerald picked her favourite projects, the ones that are really pleasant to make and produce great results.
on 23 May 2012
I was really disappointed when I received this book. I absolutely love Diane's other books, however, this one seemed to be overly basic, and had none of the wow factor or coherency of her other books. I found the button dolls particularly odd. It is fair to point out though, that the book is called "Favourite beading projects" rather than bead weaving projects, as it is more focused on craft type activities that use beads. However, having gone back to it a little more open minded, I was a little more forgiving and now maybe see how some of the projects may serve as inspiration, rather projects that you would want to recreate. This book would be more suited to someone new to beadwork, or who is interested in mixed media projects.