4.7 out of 5 stars14,792
Denomination: 50|Design Name: Fitting Christmas Gift|Change
Price:£50.00

on 6 January 2011
My nephew and niece live in the UK and we now live in Germany. Christmas and Birthday present selection has become increasingly difficult as they have grown up and most of the stores they use I don't have over here, so traditional gift vouchers are not so easy to find.

We decided on Amazon gift vouchers this year for both of them and they were very easy to choose; there was an acceptable range of "themes" for the card and it was good that I could choose the currency of the voucher (£'s)but be charged in Euros. The only problem I had was actually printing the darned things out.I could have e-mailed them to my brother or the children themselves of course but that didn't seem very Christmassy and although I really struggled on our private laptop I just couldn't find a way to get them to first save and then print. The problem must lie in the settings we have on the laptop (nothing to do with the technical prowess of the user of course) because when I forwarded the e-mails to my work e-mail account and tried to print them off on my work laptop I had no problems at all!

The kids were delighted with the vouchers and given the range of stuff available on Amazon today I'm sure they will find lots of things to spend their loot on :-). I shall use Amazon vouchers again for sure, but I'll place my order using my work computer...........
on 27 January 2012
The printable gift card for Amazon Kindle was a great last minute gift, watch out when paying for it, once paid check your emails. I almost bought two because I didn't think the first one had worked as there was no message to say that my purchase had been successfully emailed to me. Having said that it's a great idea and I will use them again.
on 18 February 2013
Just beware, if you buy this for someone who has an Amazon account registered in a different nation, it will be really awkward for them to redeem it... and you might be told by several different customer service reps that the money will be lost... really bad experience with an otherwise generally very good company.

Amazon, please fix this... if you allow me to pay in Euros for GBP items, why not allow gift cards to be redeemed in other currencies... you could even make a few bob in conversion fees...
1414 comments|289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2011
This was an ideal way to give someone who we didn't know terribly well a present. We were making a collection for someone and we only had a day to decide what to get. We didn't know exactly what they would like and weren't sure if they had an iPhone. I was able to print the certificate off in a matter of minutes and it folds up beautifully, just like a card. It also meant the person concerned was able to choose exactly what they wanted, in their own time. The choice of pictures could be better, although there is a choice, but I selected the one for the time of year (Autumn) which was ideal.
22 comments|222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
It's okay. Very speedy process once you've ordered it, but it just doesn't look as good as you hope it will. I don't think I'll go for the print your own option again. And now I need to find an envelope for this one :(

It's also a shame that you can't format the text inside. The text format they give you is very bland and not centered.
review image
on 30 January 2012
Easy enough to set up and with printing it yourself you have it instantly.

A good idea, though the printout needs to be folded to make it a presentable item and that could do with a make over.
on 8 February 2014
Brilliant bought this for my nephew for his birthday and he loved it.
It meant he could choose what he wanted when he wanted.
Also there is a long expiry date which is an added bonus no worries of it running out quickly.
The perfect gift
on 31 January 2012
I gave both my kids amazon vouchers in place of their usual christmas book (it's a family tradition!) and it seemed to go down pretty well. My partner got me an amazon voucher too and I found it ridiculously easy to load up (and spend on books for my lovely kindle!). What more can I say?
0Comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2013
a great way of getting a present for someone who has everything. So easy to just print off & put in an envelope.
on 30 January 2012
This is an easy, effective and satisfying way to send gifts to grandchildren who live great distances away. We have used these gift cards before, and will do so again. Moreover it assures the recipient will choose something he or she wants.