on 10 November 2010
Exactly what the product says: hard plastic, not steel. Easy assembly. Compact. Only negative comment is the screws take sometime to put on and remove, so sometimes I don't bother, esp with lighter weights
on 21 September 2010
I am really happy with these. They arrived in less than 2 working days via 'Standard' Delivery and Came neatly packed in 3 boxes: The bar and then 2 boxes for the weights. All labeled with the appropriate precautionary instructions with regard to the weight of the items. The bar can be loaded up to the full 47.5 kg and the bar is sturdy steel and so far the spinlock bars seem to hold fast. Similar story with the two smaller dumbell bars; great for bicep curls since my old York set could only take 10kg per arm. I got good value for what I paid for, I fell ill with something rather sinister a couple of years ago and my muscles became weak. Since then I have been doing gentle exercises with physiotherapists who now say it may be time for me to get back to some of the heavy stuff and I think this set is going to be ideal. It is great value for money and a solid product.
on 7 July 2012
A really good basic set of weights. Delivery was quick and they were packaged well. Easy to tighten and a good weight stack
on 30 December 2013
i thought that this item was going to be more steadier it turned out that if you put to much weight on the barbell it will bend but they did offer to send a better one but when it arrived it had no spin locks and weights do not fit on the barb
on 15 October 2009
PURE FITNESS & SPORTS 50KG VINYL WEIGHT SET WITH SPINLOCK BAR

....I walked out of my over-priced gym in disgust.

The service & facilities were way too sub-standard for the monthly fee i was paying. It occurred to me that home ( I have two!) was were the heart, blood & sweat should be.

So for the price of way under two months gym membership, i purchased two sets. One for my place and one for my fiancees and it was an inspired move!!!.

The long dumbell bars make behind the head and back of the neck bicep training ideal. The grips are comfortable & durable...not a combanation you get often.

The spinlock bar is long and ideal for me ( being 6ft 3" & broad). Front thrusts and behind the back lifts are effortless.

The weights slide onto the bars without a single issue.

One ( Very) minor issue is that the plastic weight collars can work a little loose, if not tightened correctly. You got to be on the ball when changing weights.

But don't let that detract you from purchasing an all round, excellent, value for money product.

Excellent: AAAAAA+++++++
on 17 March 2014
I would recommend this product , it is well made and arrived on time.excellent quality , I should look like Rocky soon.
on 10 November 2010
The product is good but the price is a little expensive.

Worth the buy but i'm sure theres cheaper out there.
on 6 March 2016
Very pleased with this weights set. You get the barbell and dumbbells and can move any plates between one and the other, making your own combinations for your strength level, the exercises you are doing, and for progression.
The weights arrived packaged well and due to their toughness they are pretty hard to damage so they were in good condition.
The only downside I would mention is the plastic collars which you screw on to hold the weights in place can be a bit tricky to put on, and because they are just screwed on they can come loose causing the plates to spin, but they are still safe to use and don't really affect your training.
Overall I used this weight set for some time and gained a good amount of functional strength and toning, and I would recommend to any beginners out there just getting in to resistance training.
on 4 June 2014
Just what I wanted and it arrived quickly too! Strong, sturdy and well worth the money. A lovely present for my son in law.
on 22 July 2013
I guess this is my fault cause I didn't see it saying it was plastic covered, or lack of experience, but that make the weights too big (not heavy, big) so you can't put more than say, 36 kilos in the bar, which suck. Other than that is good, reliable, look better than weights in the gym and don't destroy your floor in case of falling by accident