Colour: Purple|Size: 55cm|Change

on 11 April 2011
Pumps up surprisingly quickly (a few mins) with the free handpump provided. There is a spare valve in case the first gets lost. There is a tape which you attach to the valve while inflating and wrap around the ball so you can stop pumping when it gets taut, this means the ball has achieved its rated diameter. We stopped when it was 70cm (or so) to suit my wife who is 5' 9", the ball is still firm enough to use even at that diameter. I'm a bit taller so use it fully inflated. Excellent quality. The valve does not leak either.
on 24 March 2012
This ball is easy to inflate, the measure that came with it made sizing easy, othervwise its hard to know just how far to inflate. The surface of the ball is easy to grip, no sliding hands like the other 'smoother surface' ball I used to own, I am 5ft 4 and the 55cm is perfect, my previous ball was 65cm and way too big. You also get 2 bungs which s handy in case you lose one, plus a neat little tool for removing the bung in case you need to re-inflate (or deflate) I think most gym balls do go down a little in time, so thats not abnormal but at least you dont have to break a nail or risk puncture by trying to get the bung out.
on 21 October 2011
I work as a freelance Personal trainer, and would highly recommend these balls. I advise my clients to use them, the ribbing means the ball retains its roundness and the quality of the ball is second to none. If you are buying a fitness ball, for value for money for an industry standard ball I have not found better.
on 25 May 2012
Now this item was probably designed as a quality swiss ball.
If you go online and search youtube, you see some blokes on their knees or even standing on these balls doing exercises.
They're great for improving balance and core stability!

They are very well made. Most cheap balls will split if they burst. This means all the air will come out rapidly and if you're sitting on the ball, your bottom is going to meet the floor very quickly!

These balls don't split. A guy on youtube demonstrates stabbing one with a screwdriver, it goes down slowly. It doesn't rip or tear!

Now I do use the cheap balls for sprawling and balancing, but my gym floor is 16mm rubber with 20mm foam on top. I don't mind landing on my bum or face, but, I got this ball for a different purpose!

I have filled it with 30kgs of water and use it for odd object lifting. I run with it, I change direction quickly, I throw it, I drop it, I bounce off it, I hit it with foam kali sticks!!!

So far it's given me 120hrs of entertainment and it feels like it will last a lifetime!
I think something sharp could puncture it, but we're entering nail territory rather then a small stone pinching it!

I've seen guys hurling these as water balls outside (on grass) and I've not seen one burst yet! Not something I'd try myself btw, as they're a bit more expensive to replace (get a tyre for hurling).

Summary:
Excellent ball, if you sit/stand on your ball with equipment or want to fill it with water, this is the ball for you!
on 4 March 2011
This is a good strong ball that appears really well made - I feel I can trust it not to burst.
The hand pump that came with it is much better than the flimsy foot pump I got with my other Ball, & is easy to use.

I love the colour too.
All in all - very happy with my purchase.
on 27 November 2010
I bought this ball to replace a cheap one and wanted a good quality ball that would take regular use by 2 heavy people. This certainly fits the bill. It is the same quality my gym had and I really liked the fact that it came with a tape that you put through the nozzle of the pump so that you know exactly what size it is. I found the listing confusing as to whether there was a pump included but wasn't that bothered whether there was or not. When it came there was a pump in the box, not the best one in the world and I would suggest that pumping the ball up would make a good work out in itself but if you follow the instructions and partially inflate the ball and then leave it overnight and finish inflating it there is no problem. The ball has not leaked nearly as much air as cheaper ones do when under use and as a disabled person I have absolute faith in this ball being safe while with a cheap one I have worried in the past that it could go bang if subjected to a sudden shock. I really don't think there is anything to worry about in this one. I would buy this again if I needed another one and would recommend it to others who want good quality, non slip surface, safe ball with no gimmicks.
on 22 June 2012
It's not the cheapest, but:

The material is less slippery than others I've bought, so you can exercise without sliding off;

It comes with a measuring tape which is held in place with the pump so you can easily see it is the right size;

The pump is included;

The material is thicker than others I've bought and it is designed for heavy duty use in public gyms, so you know it will not burst easily.
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2010
There's only so much one can say about an exercise ball. Key plus for this one is that it will support plenty of weight. I'm 190lbs and have used fairly heavy weights whilst lying/sitting on this. It hasn't burst yet! Nor has it ever felt as if it's under undue strain.

I've had to top it up with air fairly frequently, but it's been used daily, so some deflation is to be expected and the hand pump provided is easy to use.

All in all, if you're after a decent exercise ball, especially one suitable for weights work, this is a good choice.
on 15 May 2012
I was looking for a reasonable ball for some exercises from the physio and to sit on instead of a chair on the days I work from home. This ball has been pretty good - needed topped up a bit after a few days but the pump you get is good so its not a problem.
on 13 October 2011
i m sorry for my bad english.,but i want tell to everybody that this fit ball is really great.it is very resistent and indeformable.
it can resist under heavy load.It is very stable and doesn t slide.
i m very glad for my choice.