on 21 April 2011
It is what it says on the cover. A book that a total beginner can pick up, read, enjoy, and learn from. It is written in a light-hearted style, with a touch of humour that made me smile often as I read it cover to cover. I am that total beginner, and I learned a lot from this book. I now see it as a book I can return to in future for further information.
on 23 October 2015
Almost entirely American related. Gives some general info on fly, bait casting and spinning rod fishing. But for European or UK related info use another book.
on 11 September 1998
I knew next to nothing about fishing, except that there's a lot to learn. This book covers all the basics very clearly, in a very organized way. I read it straight through, cover to cover, and now feel I have a good idea of what to do, what fish or conditions all the different baits and lures are for, how to to use them, how to tie them on, etc. etc. The book can also be used as a reference--you can skip around and pick up info on just the areas you're interested in. Definitely a good choice.
on 27 July 2014
Don't remember buying this
on 22 June 1999
This book isn't just for dummies--it's for everyone with any interest in fishing. The author really knows his stuff and shares everything in a fun, clear and comprehensive fashion. This book quickly answered a hundred little questions I've long had about fishing--but was a bit too shy to ask anyone for fear of sounding a bit like a dummie. No longer. I've now got THE book on fishing. Do not hesitate to buy it. It's terrific! (My congratulations and thanks to the author!)
on 31 March 1999
Fishing for Dummies is a great book for beginner fisherwomen and fishermen to learn the basics needed to go out and fish. It was extremely helpful and so easy to understand. I highly recommend it!
on 9 July 2014