TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 October 2012
I am always on the lookout for talking books for my special needs son as he likes causes and effects. So, my son is happy with the fact he can slide the red caterpillar (or worm, I am not sure) and turn the wheel to get a sound.
But Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy's Animal Friends is for very young children. One sentence per page, and not really a story. Nice drawings which will appeal to small children. Apart from the red caterpillar to slide and the wheel to turn, there are no more exciting things to discover.
Also, the sound is extremely low. I always complain that talking books are too noisy, but this one is too low. To have a decent sound, you have to put it on the highest setting and the output is no more than low. If there is noise is the room, you will not be able to hear it. Having said that, for a very small child, I think it is better because loud sounds are not good for their little ears, especially when they play in their cot.
Overall, it is a nice little book for under 2's, virtually indestructible and the child's voice is nice and cheerful.
on 13 June 2012
I bought this book for my 11 month son, book is very light and colourful but thats about it. It has 3 pages and its a bit boring, my son is not very keen on spending more then few seconds with this book. Theres is volume button but it is very quiet even on laud mode. Not very interesting book.
on 7 August 2014
I bought this once my little boy started to show an interest in turning pages, when he was 6 or 7 months. Unfortunately he has been totally uninterested in it & he is now a year old. The volume is so quiet that you can only hear it if there is silence, which is pointless with a child of this age and there is not really anything within the book to capture his attention visually either. I do not recommend this product.
on 17 April 2015
A nice book with easy to turn pages for teaching young babies how to turn a page; lovely bright colours and pictures. However I am so disappointed with the sound of the book - it's far too quiet! I never thought I would complain that a toy wasn't noisy enough but even on the loud setting it is very difficult to hear the characters. I thought we may have a faulty one but I have looked at one in a shop and it's just the same. Otherwise a very nice book but shame about the sound quality.
on 15 October 2014
Little one loves this and she is not even old enough to benefit from everything it offers. Lots of colours, animals and things to learn. A must have for your 12+ month year old
on 30 October 2013
Really happy with this electric book, makes loads of different noises and will eventually be a good learning toy, Fully recommended at a crack price as well.
on 3 November 2015
Its sturdy enough, my son can bash it around, put all his weight on it and attempt to snap some of the 'pages' off without success. However the music and other sounds that play are extremely low. In a silent room you can hear it, however rooms with young children are rarely silent.
I find i can barely hear it at all when my son is playing, so I'm afraid its a bit of a disappointment.
on 9 July 2015
brought this for my daughter and she loves it. nice bright colours and lots of sounds
on 20 February 2014
I gave this to my niece for one of her Christmas presents and she loved it! The book is really colourful and durable. My only slight complaint was the sound coming out wasn't particularly loud but this didn't seem to bother my niece.

Good product, worth the money and delivered on time and well presented.
on 4 December 2013
This book is a must! Our baby girl -about to turn 8 months next week- loves it. It has been extremely helpful at lunch time or whenever we've needed an effective distraction that doesn't involve Youtube or TV. I wish there were others like this. I don't really care for nursery rhymes or Winnie The Pooh.