Style Name: Rainforest Bouncer|Change
Price:£67.00 - £83.75

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 April 2014
Style Name: Rainforest Bouncer|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since birth our baby has been in a BabyBjorn "baby sitter" baby bouncer, and has been very happy in this. He is now 3 months old and starting to become more aware of his surroundings and needing more stimulation, so although our Health Visitor said she thinks the BabyBjorn bouncers are the best, we thought we would give this one a whirl.
First - setting it up - there are a few different rods and a few different screws - you will need:
- screwdriver
- a x D cell battery (large round battery)
I did curse it slightly when setting up, but actually it didn't take too long. I'm just very impatient and like things ready to use straight from the box! There are two monkeys and you can hang them whichever way around you want. We think our baby is going to be left handed - we thought he preferred the blue monkey with the ball, but when we switched them over he started playing with the red monkey with the discs!

Once all set up we put our baby in, strapped him in (T bar, very easy to clip in) and added the entertainment bar. Well, I wasn't expecting much from him but he was just so happy I could have cried! He was smiling away, batting his hand at the monkeys, spinning the ball (as a result of batting at the monkey) and making it rattle. He sits there giggling to himself and I wish we'd got this one sooner!

The only negatives are:
- Need tools and battery (I really wish that products that require batteries actually came with them!!)
- The colour of the frame (sort of beigey cream) blends in with our flooring, the front of the "legs" protrude outside of the shape of the seat, and I have already tripped over it!
- Where the fabric of the seat meets where you insert the rods for the entertainment part, it's not very generous and sometimes I have to hold it out of the way to get the arms to click in as the fabric can get in the way of this

We don't leave the bouncer switched on (the unit at the front of the seat makes the bouncer vibrate) as he doesn't seem particularly fussed on this feature (he was in it before we went out and bought a battery for it and equally happy without it being switched on).

The bouncer isn't as "bouncy" as the BabyBjorn (he barely has to hiccup in that and it's bobbing away!) but the entertainment bar more than makes up for this.

One happy Mummy!
on 8 May 2015
My 3 month old is content in his bouncy chair. The angle helps with his reflux (as opposed to lying flat) while he is awake but is not too steep to stop him falling asleep. The vibrations definitely seem to have a calming effect - he grizzles far more quickly when we forget to turn them on. Quality is nice and the washable cover is a big advantage. We've been using the chair daily for 3 months now, frequently forgetting to turn the vibrations off (an auto cut-off timer would be an improvement), and are still on the first set of batteries.

I initially bought the Woodsy Friends bouncer but after using it for a couple of weeks, I purchased this chair in addition to avoid constantly carrying it upstairs and downstairs. Both are the same basic design but with a few feature differences - comparative pros and cons as follows:

Rainforest Friends:
Activity arc is joined to chair on both sides: this makes is easier to carry around with one hand (and baby in the other), but conversely means sliding him in and out is more complicated and he often gets bopped on the head by a monkey.
Dangling characters are lower, so easier to reach by smaller babies: overall our baby seems much more interested in the monkeys on this chair than the owl/apples on the Woodsy Friends chair which we have now tied additional toys to. Perhaps as he gets older/bigger the musical owl will hold more appeal (he's now 3 months).

Woodsy Friends:
Flip up/down head cushion - not on Rainforest chair
Music and noises from activity arc (although only 3 short variants so can get annoying!) - no music on the Rainforest chair

I would recommend either chair, but if price is comparable, I would recommend the Rainforest chair over Woodsy Friends mostly based on baby's preference.
on 18 May 2015
Requested and paid for next day delivery and it arrived next day. Easy to assemble, you just require a Philips head screwdriver as there are 4 screws to fix in place. The cover has a plastic wipe clean surface, which is useful for when baby is a bit sick. My baby is 5weeks, when sat in the bouncer he can see what's going on in the room and the soothing vibrate sends him to sleep. However he is more than happy just sitting in there and staring at the swinging toys.
review image
This is an excellent product from Fisher Price. Bouncers come in a range of prices, we have had a very cheap one for some time but can confirm that it is worth paying the little extra for this one as it has a sturdier construction. Well made, easy to assemble, and works just fine. 5 stars.
on 2 October 2014
This was a godsend for my clingy 1 month old. We put her in it when having dinner or when she was grizzly before bed and you can just use your foot to gently bounce. Once asleep the vibrations help to soothe and keep her asleep. I even considered buying an extra one for upstairs to save carrying it up and down!
on 22 January 2016
I brought this item because it has generally good reviews at most of baby website and it is not very expensive.

It is easy to put together and very colourful. It has a button on the chair which you can switch on and off to give a vibrating sensation, however it doesn't create any rocking or swing mode if that is what you are after.

I put my 4 month old on and he started right away to play the monkey toys hanging on the chair and he enjoyed the monkey with the ball because it has sound and also it rolls.

After 10 mins, he falls to sleep nicely on the chair.
It is a simply bouncing chair, but I found it very useful to keep baby occupied and make him fall in sleep. I would definitely recommend this to new parents.
on 17 February 2016
I chose this bouncer for my grandson, and it has been great. It doesn't have anything that plays a tune - which his more expensive one at home does - but the toys take his attention and he is happy in it. It has a vibrate function; the bar that holds the toys can be easily removed if wanted (ie in order to feed the baby solids!); the baby is securely held by the straps; there are rubber 'feet' to prevent slipping on a smooth surface. On putting it together for the first time and seeing it, I was worried this bouncer wouldn't be big enough for the 11lb-and-rapidy-rising baby it was intended for, but it has been absolutely fine, and (at 18lbs) the bouncer is still holding up!
on 7 March 2016
This bouncer looks great and is simple enough with it's bright colours, 2 dangly toys and vibrating seat. Baby is happy enough in it. But the rest of the family were forever tripping over the 'legs' of it as they tend to stick out slightly. We got used to that but then the handle broke from one side and my husband who can usually fix most things, cann;t fix this. So although it still works, the bouncer can no longer be lifted by the handle and has to be lifted by holding the sides.
on 14 March 2016
My daughter has loved this chair from the moment we first put her in there. She was only 6lb but it has been great from just a few weeks old. The back is slightly reinforced and the angle is perfect even for smaller babies. She lives to play bat the monkeys and I can have some time to do the chores. A great buy.
on 29 May 2016
Brilliant bouncy seat that our baby will happily sit in, play in or nap in.
It has a few downsides though. The top rail that the toys suspend from easily gets mistaken as a handle, but it's definitely not strong enough to move the baby seat with the baby. We've had a heart in mouth moment when someone tried to helpfully move him out the way by lifting the seat from this rail. Also the seat itself is very unstable to lift with the baby in. So if you have to move a sleeping baby - be very careful. The centre of gravity feels off and the chair will tip as you lift it.
Useful to know - if you gently push down on the side bar with your foot the chair will bounce. This saves you leaning over to rock a drowsy baby to sleep.