Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 9 September 2010
OK - I loved the Fog and the Snow on re-reading. And I have given it 5 stars BUT...
I was slightly let down by the Fire...
I felt there was so much more to explore - Jonah is almost entirely side-lined and yet Benj is not really developed fully either...
The pace in the first half was terrific - Christina's visit to Val (and her escape) in particular could teach some thriller writers a thing or two.
But there was a slight lull part-way through and towards the end convenient excuses occur - the public registries/the Gardners etc. Overall it's not quite as good as the Fog or the Snow but it still beats most other thriller/psychological horrors hands down.
on 27 November 2004
I LOVE all of Caroline B Cooney's books! They are awesome. This one was really great. At some parts a little over the top but i think the suspense was great. I loved the whole idea and the characters and plot was good. a real page turner. I couldn't put it down. I reccommend it to everyone over 13 years of age.
Other books that i loved: The face on the milk carton series, fatality, terroist and hush little baby