Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.24

on 27 April 2015
Finding Dandelion is book #2 in the Dearest series, I was lucky enough to be gifted a copy of the book to read for Gemma Reads Too Much.

I enjoyed the first book in this series, but I LOVED the second instalment, Jax and Dani were just so.... stupid!! This book is almost a comedy of errors daft, the couple falter again and again because they are so jaded that they can’t see what’s right in front of their faces.

I loved the connection Jax and Dani had right from the start; their chemistry was palpable and so cute. Don’t get me wrong they are obviously lusting for one another but I never felt like that was the only reason they wanted each other.

Jax is an idiot both he and Dani were incredibly immature and although it was part of their charm I did have a couple of “oh for goodness sake grow up” moments.

I loved Travis he was just the right amount of gay best friend to be funny but not so in your face camp that his character became a cliché.

Who else could totally have been converted to Team Brady??

For some reason Jax and Dani’s book feels much deeper than Clementine’s book, like the author really related to these characters.

I will admit that I cried quite a bit at this book, once you read it you will know which bits did this to me and understand why!!

The sex was surprisingly hot and passionate!!!

Lex Martin writes great romance, this is a lovely easy love story that will touch you and put a smile on your face. I’ve only read two out of the three available in this series so far but I would totally recommend you buy all three to submerse yourself in these characters’ world.

I LOVED Dani’s mom she was so cool!!! Her best line was along the lines of “if you’re going to curse really mean it”

Well I Fooking adored this book!!

Finding Dandelion gets 4 stars from me!
on 21 February 2015
Having enjoyed Dearest Clementine, I had no hesitation in picking up Finding Dandelion, and whilst the first book had the edge for me, this was an enjoyable read.

"Nice girls have the good sense to stay away from me."

We met Jax and Dani in the first book and their story runs parallel for a short while with Dearest Clementine. Clem's twin, Jax is a player and has the reputation that goes with it whilst Dani, is her quiet yet surprising roommate; let's just say she's unexpected. A night in a club, a bit of a fondle and a bump on the head later, Dani can't believe her fondler was her roommates brother. And not wanting to risk her friendship with Clem, who has a low opinion of Jax's bed buddies, she keeps quiet. Plus it seems Jax can't remember said fondle. But he's drawn to her...

"I could get used to you, Dandelion."

Told from both POV's (which I loved), the first half was fairly steady, yet brought some build-up and plenty of moments where I wanted to wallop Jax. But when their story did pick up momentum, it was enjoyable, sweet, sexy, emotional and they were lovely together. It didn't hold quite as many surprises to the storyline as Dearest Clementine but it flowed much better and didn't feel as rushed. My only real gripe...the hashtags used in Dani's POV. The words would've been fine minus the hashtags. They belong on Twitter not in people's thoughts. But there weren't that many and it's minor.

All in all Finding Dandelion is another nice read from Lex Martin and I look forward to seeing where she takes Daren and Madeline's story in Kissing Madeline.
on 4 August 2014
Finding Dandelion is a stand alone book in the series Dearest by Lex Martin. I had the privilege of reading Dearest Clementine (Book 1) and I absolutely loved it. When this came out I knew I had to purchase it. This is one of those happy, lovable new adults with which you can’t really go wrong.

So Danielle (Dani) is the main female character and the book is told in turns from her point of view as well as Jackson’s (Jax), who is our male lead. Jax is Clementine’s twin brother while Dani is her room mate. So anyway, the story introduces us to a shy girl who is still trying to find her place in life and a boy who’s happy in his player and carefree ways. Dani is trying to rid of her nice girl persona because she feels it won’t get her very far in life. Therefore she decides that reckless things need to be done and that’s what she’s thinking when she makes the decision that a one night stand is what she needs. Jax on the other hand is all about one night stands, anything that involves no strings he’s down. But will he be able to discover something more for himself in places where he didn’t even expect?

This is one of those stories that I liked due to the easy nature and the characters of it. I very much loved this little group of friends that I discovered in Dearest Clementine and so getting a peek into he lives of other people among this was enjoyable for me. I felt attached to Dani mainly because I caught glimpses of myself in her. I felt heartbroken for her, she’s been through so much and yet she’s down to earth as anything. She doesn’t have a bad bone in her body and may be to her being a nice thing was bad but inevitably we are who we are, and I liked how to author displayed that idea from this book. But it’s not all serious. There’s actually a lot of witty humour from the ever charming Jax.

Not every girl is good at giving head, but it’s something that should be taught in school along with making pancakes. Two very important skills.

Did I say charming? I meant foul.

However, I felt something was lacking for me in my experience of reading this. I was initially going to give this 3.5 stars but that wouldn’t have really done it justice. May be I was looking for something else? I can’t pin point what that was exactly but I didn’t get everything out of it as I would have liked. May be it was the quick falling for each other, because I find it difficult to believe that a man who has only ever took the easy way out would so willingly take a more difficult path that requires emotional investment for a woman he doesn’t really know as well. But even so, I enjoyed their little union during that time on thanksgiving, it was adorable. And in actual fact both these characters go really well together.

I have another point to make. I notice that in a lot of books the boy is always put to blame for anything that may happen. I disliked the idea of everything being put on Jax’s shoulder’s when he was just as unsure as Dani about what happened. He didn’t mean to hurt her purposefully so why should it not be any of Dani’s fault just because she’s a woman, and why is it all on Jax to make it right, just because he is a man? I can’t exactly reveal the story of what happened as it would be unfair to those that have yet to read this book but my point is that may be females should take a little blame for once.

Regardless, I understood Dani’s pain. She never once felt sorry for herself but understood and accepted her situation. I liked all the emotion and feelings of hers that poured through the pages because her personality was very much like mine. I don’t feel like I can reveal much because part of what makes this enjoyable is the experiences of each character. Jax had a story, a reason for his play boy ways and it was something completely understandable.

To conclude, I can definitely say I was attached to this story. I love Jax and I love Dani. I love their chemistry. The scenes between the two, especially how they first meet, are really heart warming and have that butterflies in stomach effect. And I will certainly be reading the story of Daren and Madeline. I hope we get to see more of the other characters and the friendly banter because I felt that was a little missing in this story. I love Lex Martin’s writing style, it has humour and a gripping quality to it. And seriously, this woman knows how to use her hash-tags correctly.
on 27 July 2014
Jax Avery is handsome, he's rich and he can get any girl he wants. Girls want him and Boys applaud him. He's a budding soccer star, the next big thing. Toeing the line to keep his place on the team all he has to do is keep his nose clean and head in the game, except he doesn't seem to care.

Dani Hart is a hard worker, non risk taker, self confessed pushover and "All around nice girl" she's playing it safe and has a right future ahead of her, except she just feels lost.
Tired of feeling this way, she's decided this is going to be her "year of firsts" Armed with her new tattoo and to-do list to keep her on track, she's determined to "live without regret."

There first interaction is fleeting but the attraction is instant and try though he might not to care, he's mind can't help but wonder about her. She does the same, concentrating on school, on being a good friend, on anything that will keep her mind from wandering to all that is Jax. There second meeting is at a club where Jax is celebrating his Birthday, they have what I can only be described as a crazy, intense encounter and without revealing anything it really "kicks off" from there.

Jax did act like a Jack ass at times but actually I couldn't bring myself to be angry with him once parts of his story were revealed. A lot of his behaviours stem from past betrayals and underneath he doesn't consider himself worthy of Dani. I definitely think he more than proves his worth, he was there for Dani during some of her most difficult times and really comes into his own.

They both had a vulnerability to them which I found endearing and I'm not going to lie I teared up numerous times. The connection and intimacy they experienced was enviable, as a reader it nice to be on their journey as they both found home and something to care about in each other.

This was such a wonderful story and had everything I look for in a good read. It was happy, sad, angsty, funny, sexy and I adored it! Am I hooked on this series? YES
I received a copy of this book from a read and review group, I really liked the look of it so I decided to try this for my first read and review. I read dearest clementine yesterday and completely loved it. This was the first time I had heard of this author so I wasn't sure what to expect, I was totally blown away by both books. I was glad to see that this book was dual pov.

This book was about a sweet girl who people took advantage of because she was nice and a man-whore. Jax was totally self involved and heartless at the start of this book but the more you read the more you started to get a grasp that something had happened to make him this way. I was initially worried if I would like Jax because in dearest clementine he was somewhat of a douche, well I totally loved him he completely changed my perception of him!! Dani was such a loveable heroine, she was hilarious at times and I loved the out-skank they play in both books!! This book was funny but it was also a very emotional read, make sure to have the tissues at the ready.
on 3 September 2014
Wow. The story of jax and dani is a fantastic emotional read. This book had me in tears from the heartbreaking storyline. Dani is away from home after her mother was ill and then given the all clear. Her mum is her only family and biggest supporter. Bring in jax who doesn't remember the intimate time they spent together in the club of his 21st birthday and dani doesn't know what to make of it. They have a sexual chemistry together but stay back because shes the roommate of jaxs twin Clem. Therefore shes off limits. Plus hes a manwhore. A few near misses sends them in the opposite direction and then dani has news which turns her world upside down. I loved this book. Cant wait for darens story next.
on 26 April 2015
You have to read the Dearest books!!! I've read the first 2 in a day...so ok, I haven't cleaned or cooked...I've barely managed toilet breaks lol but it's been totally worth it. I'm almost too scared to get the third one tonight as I have work tomorrow. Dearest Clementine was brilliant but this one is even better...I cried the rain whilst laughing at the same time. My husband officially thinks I'm insane...I've been struggling to find books I've really enjoyed for ages but these have been phenomenal. Authentic dialogue, real emotions and wonderful humour....seriously...just buy the set, worth every single penny. Thank you Lex Martin...more please!!
on 22 July 2014
This can be read as a standalone, but I read it after Dearest Clementine so I already knew Jax and his man whoring ways. Dannie was also in Clementine but she didn't make much of an impression, she just kind of faded into the background.
The writing, the plot and the chemistry were as good as Clementine but I had a hard time trusting Jax after he continues to behave like a man whore even after meeting Dannie. My favourite thing in Clementine was the love interest, Gavin and for me, Jax was no Gavin. Still worth a read, but I'd go for Clementine over this one I think, this just fell a little short for me.
on 15 July 2014
there was something utterly addictive and heart breaking about this book and the characters. Your heart aches alongside theirs because the author has written the story in such a way that you have no choice but to fall in love with each and every character and feel what they feel. Dani and Jax are adorable an although the book has it tear jerking moments it also has many hilarious situations and moments at which I just cried tears of laughter at. :D It's a beautiful , funny addictive read that I highly reccomend. I received an ARC for an honest review
on 2 December 2014
After Dearest Clementine, I really didn't think you could top it. I was so wrong. This second book was equally brilliant. The author writes with passion and compassion and the story just weaves its magic. Cannot wait for the next book and they are seriously underpriced. I have read garbage that was priced way more than this and these books are worth so much more. 1 click now you will become a fan and not be disappointed