- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Finca Villacreces Pruno Ribera del Duero 2012/2013 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£43.39 (£14.46 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£4.58 (10%)|
- Deep, black cherry in colour
- Aromas of red fruit with oaky toffee hints from the ageing in French barrels give way to a sweet and fruity wine on the palate
- With elements of ripe fruits and liquorice, this wine has a pleasant and soft finish
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Finca Villacreces 'Pruno' Ribera del Duero Wine is deep, black cherry in colour. Aromas of red fruit with oaky toffee hints from the ageing in French barrels give way to a sweet and fruity wine on the palate. With elements of ripe fruits and liquorice, this wine has a pleasant and soft finish.
Grapes for Pruno are only taken from Finca Villacreces’ own vineyards, from slightly younger vines. Until recently, the estate sold this production to some of the high profile wineries in the region. Now that the vines have reached between 10 and 15 years of age, the Izadi family has begun to handpick and vinify the grapes themselves. The vineyards have a mixture of soils: sandy, gravel, shingle and quartz. The vineyards are planted with about 90% Tempranillo (mostly on the sandy vineyards, which give an attractive fleshiness to the wines) and10% Cabernet Sauvignon (mostly on the quartz and shingle, giving more mineral complexity). Organic practices are used as much as possible and the close proximity of the river helps protect against frost. Work is currently being undertaken in the vineyards to raise the height of the canopy to obtain riper, healthier grapes.
2012 was a very good vintage. The harvest conditions were generally very favourable throughout. Grapes reached a suitable ripeness with balanced, lower acidity.
The Tempranillo and Cabernet Sauvignon were fermented separately in small stainless steel tanks. The 2 varieties were then aged separately in fine-grained, French oak barrels (Taransaud and Darnajou) for 12 months after which the final blend was assembled and the wine bottled. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2012; Grape varieties: 90% Tempranillo; 10% Cabernet Sauvignon; Region: Ribera del Duero, Castilla y Léon; Winemaker: Lluis Laso; Closure: natural cork; classification: DOC; Acidity: 5.5g/l; Residual Sugar: 1.42g/l; Wine pH: 3.62.