- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall; 3 edition (30 Oct. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0273657496
- ISBN-13: 978-0273657491
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.7 x 24.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 765,060 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Financial Management for Non-specialists Paperback – 30 Oct 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
From the Back Cover
Financial Management for Non-specialists
, Third edition
This text adopts an open-learning approach to introduce the main principles of financial management in an accessible, non-technical way. It presents a comprehensive range of topics, but avoids too much detail and unnecessary mathematical analysis, focusing more on the practical application of financial management and its role in decision-making. This, coupled with the excellent pedagogical features, with clear worked examples and activities integrated throughout, makes it the ideal introductory text for non-specialist students taking a first course in financial management.
In response to reviewer feedback, new features of the third edition include:
· New, lively and up-to-date examples and exhibits, providing greater international coverage and insights into small businesses
· Even more real-company data to support the examples
· New Companion Website with lecturer support, powerpoints and assessment questions, plus further links, questions and longer cases for students
· New chapter on Measuring and Managing Shareholder value
· Thorough revision of chapters on investment appraisal, forecast financial statements and financing a business.
Financial Management for Non-specialists is aimed both at undergraduates from a non-finance/accounting discipline, taking an introductory module in financial management and postgraduate/experienced students on courses such as the ACCA Diploma in Financial Management, Diploma in Management and MBA programmes. The text is also ideal for finance and accounting students as a foundation for further study.
Peter Atrill is Head of Department of Accounting and Law at the University of Plymouth Business School.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I shall recommend it to my mates as well as my family.
Thank you Amazon.