Recommended reading by
Association of Chartered Accountants
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
Chartered Institute of Bankers
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Financial Accounting & Reporting 11e
Revised annually, Financial Accounting & Reporting is the most up-to-date text on the market and now, fully updated in its 11th edition, includes extensive coverage of International Accounting Standards (IASs) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
This market-leading text offers students a clear, well-structured and comprehensive treatment of the subject. Supported by illustrations and exercises, the book provides a strong balance of theoretical and conceptual coverage. Students using this book will gain the knowledge and skills to help them apply current standards, and critically appraise the underlying concepts and financial reporting methods.
New features for this edition
- Fully updated to May 2006
- Updated coverage of IFRSs
Now covers IAS 41
New coverage of IAS 37 Non-financial Liabilities
selected chapters include brand new additional questions and exercises
includes more examples of extracts from real financial reports
fully supported by a comprehensive set of multiple choice questions online covering all Parts of the text.
- Combines academic rigour with an engaging and accessible style
- Coverage of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Illustrations taken from real published accounts
- Excellent range of review questions
- Numerous exercises, varying in level of difficulty, with solutions where applicable
- Extensive references
- A section on the Analysis of Accounts
- A section on Accountability which includes Corporate Governance issues, Environmental and Social Reporting and Ethics
Barry Elliott is a training consultant. He has extensive teaching experience at undergraduate, postgraduate and professional level in China, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore. He has wide experience as an external examiner both in higher education and at all levels of professional education.
Jamie Elliott is a Director with Deloitte & Touche. Prior to this he has lectured at university on undergraduate degree programmes and as an assistant professor on MBA and Executive programmes at the London Business School.