Final Fantasy XI (online gaming) - which XBOX to buy?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 May 2008 17:06:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2008 17:39:03 BDT
Blush says:
I want to buy an xbox as my laptop cant deal with playing Final Fantasy XI online anymore. Im not sure which xbox to go for. My kids use their old ps2 so they wont be using the xbox much. Im really not sure if i need the 20 or 120GB hard drive. I have been told i dont for Final Fantasy but i dont want to make a mistake. Price is also important. Also can Final Fantasy XI be played online on anything else? the slimline PS2 - PS3?
Please help.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2008 14:07:22 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 May 2008 14:17:59 BDT
Sam Moore says:
Hey, id go for the 20gb premium xbox 360 unless you think you're going to be downloading lots of demos and movies in which case go for the elite. I wouldnt buy the arcade version without the hard drive just because the hard drive will definitely come in useful. Final fantasy XI on the xbox 360 is actually played on the same servers the game uses on the pc and ps2 version in some cases. Im not entirely sure whether you can play final fantasy XI on the slimine PS2 as you needed to but the hard drive expansion for the original PS2 so id guess not.

Also if you do get it on the xbox 360 try and get the newest version with the black cover, it includes some expansions, and its fairly cheap if i remember correctly.

EDIT: infact wait until may 23rd and get the new 2008 edition with all 4 expansion packs, dont buy a second hand one as you need the original code :)
Hope that helps

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2008 15:01:01 BDT
W. Kay says:
If your just getting an xbox mostly for FFXI, arcade should be the cheapest option as you dont need a hard drive to play it, with the arcade version you get a memory card which should be enough for FFXI. But if it was me i'd go for the extra 50 pound version of premium.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  2 May 2008
Latest post:  11 May 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive)
Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (481)