Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 February 2011
As my review title says... FINALLY, I found a book that is packed not only with excellent info, lessons and examples of drawing, but also with pages, 350 of them, and each one is great! This book is the only one you will ever need to produce not only great illustrations, but flat drawings too. I wish this was the book we had gotten whilst studying fashion design, however, it was not, and until I purchased this one I actually thought I knew how to draw a figure and dress her in textured fabric. I was wrong... and the learning process continues. This book covers everything and its examples are detailed unlike most of the other books I have with quite messy and dull sketches. It really is worth more than the money :-)
on 15 January 2012
An ok book, lots and lots of examples included, however, it's lots of plates of exactly the same figure and the same face. And unfortunately, that's all you'll be able to do after reading this book. Draw the same figure from imagination over and over again without ever developing your own style or flair.

For any aspiring fashion illustrator thinking about this book, get the fundamentals absolutely right from proper anatomy drawing books and life drawing classes. It helps to understand how the body actually works when drawing from imagination before you distort leg sizes and cheek bones for fashion.

Some absolutely super books on drawing the human form:
Figure Drawing for All it's Worth
and
Drawing the Head and Hands

Fashion books for inspiration:
100 Years of Fashion Illustration
and
Masters of Fashion Illustration
on 16 June 2012
I think this book is great to be honest, not much blabby writing just a good range and variety of pictures that you can either copy or expand on for your own projects. I don't do fashion drawing, I just needed some ideas for poses and textures to use within my own pictures as I can't draw from memory or without basing ideas on something but i imagine its good for fashion too. Its quite a thick book too, a lot more in it than I expected. Lots of examples in colour and black and white, laid out very clearly. Even shows you examples of facial features etc. Packed with images of parts of clothing to help make up your own. Glad I got it, good value!!
on 29 March 2011
I've been looking for a book like this for ages. Am only a person who simply enjoys drawing as a hobby.
However, I'm particularly interested in fashion drawing and this book covers absolutely everything. Amazing content for the price and beautiful just to look at if nothing else!!
Highly recommend this book. JUST BUY IT!!!!
on 8 August 2011
I brought this book last week and it is the best book I have ever had it has everything you could possibly need for fashion drawing, I am so pleased I've finally found a book that is really useful. It's worth more than the price, money well spent! Excellent!!
on 20 January 2012
My professor recommended this book as he has used the older version for the past 20 years or so. He is also really impressed with the new edition. It is really helpful as an introduction to fashion drawing as well as a reference book to keep for the rest of my career. The illustrations and guidelines are particularly helpful for difficult parts of the body such as the hands and the section on technical drawing is informative and practical.
on 27 March 2012
I've been designing and making clothes for a long time and I wanted to learn how to draw properly to represent my designs and because I wanted to learn to improve my sketching.

This book is detailed, easy to follow and use, clear, and beautiful. I am so delighted with it and cannot recommend it enough!

Best purchase I have made in quite some time!
on 8 February 2012
This book is so amazing! It has the best explanation, that i had found so far, regarding how to draw a fashion figure and clothing. It includes basic shapes of clothing and garments..
I'm so much in love with the book!It is already helping me a lot with my sketches.
on 9 May 2012
A excellent book great for beginners and well drawn diagrams.i love this book! very easy to follow and great to copy from and get used to drawing people in clothes
on 9 September 2013
This is the only book, anyone wanting to know how to draw the female body, will ever need. Starts from the bottom and works the way up, covering every detail and feature. Highly recommend. Perfect for fashion students like myself.