. . . you can apply some of the information in this book to your own state. I'd say that 68% of this book is useless to people that live outside of California. But the other 32% of the book is worth reading! The author provides questions to ask the officer in court for red-light tickets, speeding tickets, U-turn tickets, etc. For those people out there that are trying to find out everything they can about fighting their traffic ticket in court and winning, then I would recommend buying this book. If you live in California, THEN DEFINITELY BUY THIS BOOK!!! The 70% of the book that is California specific is sure to help you defeat your ticket. The book lists the specific California law section for each violation. You can look at your traffic ticket and if the law section does not match with what you are being charged with, then BOOM, your ticket is dismissed. Whether or not you live in California, I recommend this book to all motorists.