on 21 April 2013
Good overall reading for five kingdoms. Well written, however by the time you get to the fourth book one third of the content is repetition. I thought the fifth book would deliver a dramatic finale, not so the book finished off and I felt I was no closer to an ending than when I read book one.
on 20 April 2013
I don't know what I expected from the fifth book of such an intense series, but this novel certainly exceeded all expectations I had! It was well written, well proof-read and paced in such a way that I couldn't put it down. I was amazed at the ending, and am desperate to read the next one as soon as possible. It was a really enjoyable read and I strongly recommend the entire series to anyone who likes fast paced, action packed and creative fantasy!
on 12 May 2013
I have enjoyed the previous five kingdom books. However, my enjoyment of this one was ruined by the number of errors, characters were called by the wrong names, spelling mistakes galore. Mr Neighbours, please get a decent editor!
on 17 November 2013
However better editing required. On my version wilian and zollin get transposed a lot towards the end. Better proof reading required. The story seems to have taken a dark and more gory narrative. I have seen a review that is not sure about the ending and tend to agree. I will be buying the next book and might give the lorik books a go. Whilst there are a couple of grumbles I think mr neighbours has a great lead character in zollin and I have spent an enjoyable few hours reading this series.
on 21 June 2014
the five kingdoms started off really well and up to book 4 was a good read and left me wanting to find out the conclusion but now i feel it is being dragged out too long and is getting monotonous and i just want it to end, so much so that i can not bring my self to read book 6, would of got a higher rating if he brought the story to an end sooner.
on 2 May 2013
I have mixed feelings about this book, don't get me wrong it's a great read and had me engrossed from beginning to end but I was slightly disappointed that the story isn't any closer to the end. I love the epic war arc the story is turning into but after checking every week since February to see if this book was released and reading the Lorik book (great read too!!) to feed the addiction I had to the five kingdoms series, I feel there is still a few more books to go before we find out what happens in the end to zollin

My personal note to the Toby is to great work but get writing!
on 31 August 2013
A worthy continuation of the story of Zollin and Briana and their quest to fight the evil that threatens the Five kingdoms. It is full of surprises especially the development of the part played by the Sorceress in the confrontation with the Torr. I look forward to reading the next book in their adventures. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star rating was the distracting problem caused by occasionally using wrong character's name instead of Wilam, which should have been picked up by proof readers. However this in no way takes away from the enjoyment of this book.
on 23 September 2013
If you've read the other four books then you'll want to read this one but, my personal opinion, is that Toby Neighbors should've used this book as an opportunity to bring closure to the saga - there was ample opportunity to build a moving climax to what has been an otherwise excellent series.

Instead he has carried on beating the horse in a direction that I'm not sure I agree with. I won't spoil it here, so others can make their own mind up, but I probably won't carry on with the saga unless the next book is getting consistently excellent reviews.
on 13 January 2014
Honestly is no one proof reading this book? It's such a shame that a sophisticated plot line, deep character personalities are off set by persistent bad grammar or spelling mistakes or incorrect words. There is good use of vocabulary and the scenes of the story are usually painted with a precision of decent research and subject knowledge. I would like to see someone read the digital copies and just see if it is the act of transferring the books into ebooks that ruins the grammar or creates errors by swapping words around.
on 22 July 2013
Story OK with some enjoyable themes. But how many times do I need to be retold the story of books 1-4? Too much of the time is filling out the book with a recap of the story from day 1. Then when the errors are added in it gets annoying. Reading text and having the wrong character's name in is confusing. Wasn't he in another country last chapter? Oh, just a mistake, again. Did it not get proofread?

Would be higher rated without the repetition and errors. Will still buy the next one, so not too bad.