- Platform: Mac OS X
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
The Movies (Mac/DVD)
|Price:||£24.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- From Dirt Lot to Bustling Studio - Beginning in the 1920's, gamers start with a dirt lot and race to the year 2020, researching and introducing every technological advance from colour to computer graphics and beyond. Players build, use and re-use thousands of sets, props, locations and costumes, and break new ground to achieve movie mogul status.
- From Pitch to Premiere - Gamers handpick which projects they want to green-light and which scripts need rewrites. Players can remake the films they love or create an all-new masterpiece.
- From Flops to Runaway Hits - Players can make every kind of film, from action flicks to teen comedies, suspense films, thrillers and horror movies. Gamers can explore different film genres to please audiences and express their creative vision. Players can either go for a box-office smash, or try pleasing the critics and winning awards.
- From Nobody to Movie Mogul - The Movies gives gamers the opportunity to be a mega-rich bigshot, calling the tunes and hiring and firing the best. Players will choose between listening to the stars' tantrums and ridiculous requests, or showing them who's boss by crushing their dreams and ruining their careers as they create a distinctive Hollywood legacy and earn their place as a silver screen legend.
- Movie Magic Goes Global - Ultimately, gamers are judged by the movies they create. Players can post their short movies to the Web for the world to see or e-mail them directly to friends.
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Run the Studio. Make the Movies. Create the Stars.
The Movies lets you do all three. Created by Game Developer extraordinaire Peter Molyneux, The Movies is a simulation game that casts the player as the head of a Hollywood motion picture studio. The Movies is also packed with powerful tools to help the player create their own films which they are encouraged to share online at The Movies website and enter into real-life competitions.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Actually The Movies is two games in one: One about managing a movie studio, just like various Tycoon- and Sim-titles. And one about creating real movies. With its very extensive features for real moviemaking, where you write, direct and produce movies inside the game - and decides everything from backdrop to credits, you can really make movies. Luckily you don't have to. You can perfectly well choose to play the sim game, without sinking down in time consuming real film production. This allows for different playing styles.
And if you are one of those, who want's to explore the creative part of the game, the Mac version allows you to export your creations to use in Quicktime, iLife or as a movie on your iPod. Good fun. Only problem: Takes some time to master. But it's good fun.
Upon receiving the game I installed it onto my computer (very easy process) and began to play the game, the tutorial is very helpful and the constant hints have been a help on my first attempt at the game. These can be altered as you get more confident in finding your way around the game. I then played up until the point I did on the demo. When a few more of the features were unlocked I was really shocked, there is so much more to this game than first meets the eye. You can actually create and edit your own movies, assign characters to each role, and watch your finished movie. You can also create your own movie stars in the accompanying program starmaker. I've only been playing the game a day but already I'm hooked! I cannot wait to find out what other features become available at the game progresses. The game itself is so easy to use if you use the tutorials, which only take 5 mins of your time at most, I have a feeling this will be taking up much of my summer.