extremely readable and helpful (Erisea Magazine, October 2014)
From the Back Cover
Love being in a good mood?
We all have moods that go up and down. It s great whenyou re feeling good. You feel in control and upbeat about theday ahead. But if you are having a bad day, it can sometimesfeel hard to lift yourself back up.
Your mood can affect your performance at work and relationshipsat home, in good ways and bad ways. Being able to manage your mood,and not be dictated by it, can mean you are more successful in allareas of life.
Happy or Unhappy?
By learning to recognize why you feel the way you do, youcan take control of your mood so that you feel more positive,regardless of what you have faced, or what the day will bring.
Through practical tips and techniques grounded in research andtheory, you will learn how to:
- Deal with all types of mood such as anger, distress,self–efficacy, unhappiness, well–being and self–esteem.
- Improve your attitudes and responses in any situation.
- Maintain your performance and relationships without your moodcalling the shots.
- Develop coping mechanisms and strategies for improving thequality of your mood.
- Use relaxation strategies to help you deal with life ssticky moments.
From happiness to distress, and all moods in between, FeelGood will help you to effectively manage your mood and to leada happier and more content life.
Seamlessly merges science, philosophy, psychology andspirituality into an accessible and empoweringbook.
Hayley Del Sanderson, Principal and Founder, The YogaAcademy
The approach taken by Graham and Shane is extremelyhelpful, practical and easy to read; highly recommended as areassuring self–help book and an adjunct book for therapists to usewith clients.
Dr Jane Cronin–Davis Chair of College of OccupationalTherapist Specialist Section for Mental Health