- Publisher: Carapace Press (21 Oct. 2001)
- ISBN-10: 1873943989
- ISBN-13: 978-1873943984
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 8,460,157 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Feeding Herbivorous and Insectivorous Lizards: Including Green Iguanas, Bearded Dragons and Spiny Tailed Lizards Paperback – 21 Oct 2001
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
A guide to formulating diets for lizards in captivity. The book includes a thorough analysis of what lizards actually need, and comparisons between their feeding behaviour in the wild and requirements in captivity. It discusses their mineral, vitamin and protein requirements, with sepcial attention given to lighting and vitamin D3 needs. Based upon many years experience of keeping and breeding multiple generations of lizards, and extensive field work with wild populations, the book details the background to lizard nutrition, and explains why so many present recommendations are not only inaccurate, but dangerous. The critical link between environment and nutrition is also discussed, and the book addresses precisely why this is a aspect of maintenance no keeper can afford to ignore.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- Books > Home & Garden > Animal Care & Pets
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Reptiles
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences