Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Nov 2012 11:07:45 GMT
XRayLexx says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 11:16:06 GMT
XRayLexx says:
PS I do have every sympathy to everyone who didn't get their copy today. I think your frustrations are probably best directing towards Amazon Customer Service and they may be able to sort your out with a discount or something.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 11:18:54 GMT
J. Pattison says:
Did you actually read some of the problems people had yesterday I woke up to an email saying my payment failed so after I pushed a retry button it was fine but they changed my delivery date back two days. That is a justifiable thing to be annoyed about. As you say if you pay for faster delivery you should receive it on the day. Then through no fault of my own I was being told I would get it 2 days later. So I would say that is worth moaning about. I think that was most peoples problem.

You know if you don't like people moaning you don't have to read it. It helped me because I saw I wasn't the only one with the card trouble and pushed back delivery date.

Later on in the day Amazon sorted it and fingers crossed the game should be waiting for me when I get home from work but a lot of panic could have been avoided if they didn't mess peoples payment and delivery estimates up.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 11:26:19 GMT
XRayLexx says:
I think the payment issue happened in a few isolated incidents and will not effect the majority of people. There was probably a good chance the order, once retried, would have shipped yesterday and arrived today anyway.
As I say you do have my sympathies that your order had an issue but there did seem to be a general air of panic that orders weren't being shipped out and would not arrived on time days before the actual release date.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 12:04:33 GMT
P. Lacy says:
I've had a "payment problem" with mine and nothing in the post. One minute it wasn't paid for, the next it was accepted. I did receive a lovely email from Amazon (from what I can see quite a few have had this) saying, "Hello, We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now...." Nothing since. Personally, I think this whole "Payment failure" thing is simply a clever ruse by Amazon so they can attribute late deliveries to this and not their incompetence in organising and planning for what was to be a huge demand of Halo fans screaming out for their next installment.

As for the delivery, I pay annually for Prime and naturally I selected the Prime option for this. Having ordered back in May and, after counting down the days until today, I am quite a bit disappointed that my copy has not arrived. Saying that though, I know I will continue to use Amazon for things like this and as always will hope for the best. Up until now, you have not let me down.

Back to the game, if you've got your copy then why the hell are you on Amazon and not playing it? If not... well, save your aggression for Matchmaking! I know I will.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 12:13:09 GMT
XRayLexx says:
My copy came today but I am at work. I only pre-ordered the Limited Edition last week. I am not being aggressive. I was hoping my tone was quite calm and sympathetic but also a little frustrated with the over-excitement/panic by some people.

If you want to play the game today go out and buy a copy from your local supermarket. Keep it in good condition and take it back tomorrow saying you got the item by mistake. Worth a try. :)

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 12:22:38 GMT
M. S. Minto says:
I ordered my copy in June, it was dispatched yesterday, the mail came today and surprise surprise no game. Thanks again amazon, same as Skyrim last year!

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 12:28:02 GMT
Should have known better. Last time i'm ever ordering from amazon. What a joke.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 12:31:17 GMT
Exact same. I preordered early August, got a a dispatch notice yesterday... annnnnnnd nothing. Shameful when you think I put an order in months ago, and my brother straight up walked into a shop and got it sooner than me.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 12:34:13 GMT
I payed extra for day of release but according to chat support i will have to wait a little longer.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 13:04:17 GMT
That's a crap argument. I paid for 'guaranteed' release delivery. Not 'oh it might be here' anyway they obviously know they're in the wrong because I'm getting a full refund.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 13:40:22 GMT
You do not pre-order items for them to arrive a day after they're released.

First time ordering online from Amazon I normally use Play - who've never let me down - and hold and behold it hasn't arrived. I won't be pre-ordering from them again.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 13:49:06 GMT
I chose first class and it isn't here. Getting a postage refund anyway via the chat. Won't be pre-ordering from amazon again.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 16:06:59 GMT
So yesterday even though I had the money in my account, the payment was for some reason declined. Then, miraculously, later on in the day (with me having done nothing extra to my bank account) it magically was able to be taken. I just complained to amazon and then said that it was my fault for the payment being declined and that I changed the delivery address (I did not). I argued that since the payment went off about 12pm and since I have prime I should have got it anyway, since prime is next day delivery? Then she just repeated herself saying that it was my fault. I think like others have said, Amazon use this payment declined thing as a way of covering up late orders.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 16:42:11 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Nov 2012 16:43:36 GMT
P. Lacy says:
Just an update after I posted earlier in this thread...

I've since had notification that my copy of Halo 4 LE has been dispatched and has been guaranteed for tomorrow - delivery by Home Delivery Network Limited. I did actually receive my skin codes yesterday and they do say that you should expect your copy within 72 hours of that email. I just hope the rest of you get your copies soon. See you on online!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 16:49:55 GMT
Cronan says:
I didn't realize there was an Amazon Defense Force now. How does one join?

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 22:27:26 GMT
Paid extra for so called release date delivery, didn't arrive on release date. So much for that idea...

Posted on 8 Nov 2012 03:43:11 GMT
Uncle Bumber says:
I guess the lessons learned are do not rely on a online retailer to preorder and deliver games on time, instead preorder from the high street

Posted on 8 Nov 2012 15:51:48 GMT
Danny1990 says:
We all have to remember this is a game/product review not a complaints form, i understand all your disapointments but take that up with Customer Service department, people dont want to see a product review being about deliveries... etc... they want a review about what they are buying.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  6 Nov 2012
Latest post:  8 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (122)