Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jul 2007 19:57:31 BDT
It has to be Blink....scared the hell out me! x

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jul 2007 12:15:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jul 2007 16:12:49 BDT
I think without a doubt it is the double episode story of Human Nature/The Family of Blood, I have the book that this is based upon and it is considered to be the best Doctor Who novel ever and this TV version is even better, possibly the finest Doctor Who story of them all. Blink is brilliant too and between them provided the best 3 weeks of Doctor Who for many, many years.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2007 16:43:09 BDT
You may be right - every time we are anywhere near a statue my 12 year old says "Don't Blink!" Scary stuff! (But I did miss seeing so much of the Doctor)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2007 08:26:53 BDT
M. Tait says:
Yes - 'Blink' was definately the best episode of the series. I was watching it with my son - I was sat on the sofa and he had taken up his usual position of sat on the floor about 3 feet away from the TV - that is until we saw the true nature of the 'weeping angels' when he promptly jumped up and sat next to me on the sofa!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2007 22:25:24 BDT
R. Luck says:
Blink for me too. I would probably rate this just above Genesis of the Daleks, The Girl in the Fireplace and Bad Wolf/Parting of the ways as the best Dr. Who episode ever! The only episode to give my 9 year old nightmares....nuff said!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2007 11:51:44 BDT
I AM ME says:
Blink was my favourite episode and it's closely followed by Human Nature/Family Of Blood.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2007 13:48:54 BDT
Kuja20 says:
Blink, it was the one episode that actually required little involvement from The Doctor, it beat last year's 'Doctor-Lite' Episode: Love and Monsters hands down. Closely following that i think Utopia.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2007 23:51:03 BDT
blink all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2007 18:29:03 BDT
The Raven says:
Blink was a good episode, but just for pure excitement and drama it has to be Utopia. yes, the episodes that followed (bar John Simm as the BRILLIANT Master) were complete rubbish, but when Derek Jacobi opened that watch and slowly turned round and YOU KNEW. You just KNEW!! I got tingles and excited about Doctor Who for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME. Then came the regeneration and I had near passed out with excitement.

Series 3 shows an adherence to old 1980s BBC values in that the Daleks are being shoehorned into every series just as a crowd pleasure and some guest stars are ridiculously cast, but one 1980s policy MUST stand....THE MASTER must return!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2007 21:51:18 BDT
Aqua says:
Yes-Definately Blink, scary stuff! I even found myself trying not to blink while watching it.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2007 08:42:05 BDT
Me says:
Absolutely. Blink was brilliant. Except wont the angels be able to escape when someone turns the lights off again?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2007 21:19:33 GMT
I would have to say Blink is one of my favourite episodes, but me being a BIG doctor Who fanatic, especially Series 1 & 2, i'd have to say every episode is my favourite except The Shakespeare Code.
My absoloute favourite though would have to be Utopia/ Sound Of Drums and The Last Of The Time Lords. Derek Jacobi and John Simm are fantastic actors, they capture the Master's personality well!
I only grew up with Eccleston and Tennant, and i much prefer Tennant as i really only got interested in Doctor Who in the Christmas Invasion. Series 2 & 3 have to be the best series for me. And out of them series the best episodes have to be Tooth And Claw/ Rise Of The Cybermen/ Age Of Steel/ Army Of Ghosts/Doomsday/Blink/42/Utopia/Sound Of Drums and The Last Of The Time Lords.
I've gone on for long enough so ill shut up now...

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2007 23:06:27 GMT
Kat says:
Human Nature is the best doctor who story ever, told in any medium IMO.

I also love Gridlock for it's quirkiness, it's thematic resonance and character development. Blink for it's clever plot and scaryness. And Utopia, for it's suspense, thrills and excitment.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2008 19:40:31 GMT
Tennant got me into Dr Who so I've only really watched his two series, Blink was great but my favourite has to be Utopia; it had Derek Jacobi being fantastic and I loved the way it brought together all the elements from the previous episodes like the watch and the Face of Boe. Just the last 10 minutes of that episode were the best bit of the series for me

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2008 18:30:08 GMT
F. Fulford says:
Most definately Blink, probably by best episode of anything ever. Truely inspired.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2008 23:30:39 BDT
Blink was definitely the best episode of Doctor Who I've ever seen, but I have to give a mention to the marvelous Derek Jacobi in Utopia, who's portrayal of The Master was magnificent, in fact the whole You Are Not Alone arc sent shivers down my spine when Professor YANA was revealed to be The Master. Its just a shame he couldn't have been given the role for more than one episode, because John Simm made a poor Master.....

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2008 15:52:09 BDT
Jen IMO says:
Yeah I agree, I loved Blink and I have to say I can't walk past a graveyard without getting shivers down my spine! I never realised there were so many weeping angels before!

But my favourite episode was the 2 parter human nature/family of blood especially where John Smith doesn't want to open the watch. My heart broke for him. I think i realised there and then that David Tennant is my favourite doctor.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2008 14:57:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jul 2008 17:49:53 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
Utopia is the best of series 3!!!
it was explosive...had Capt.Jack and the master(Derek Jacobi and John Simm are fantastic)
Last of the imelords was a good finale.
but for me it is Utopia.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2008 23:08:32 BDT
the 2 dalek episodes :P

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2008 09:57:32 BDT
Ridleyfan says:
Blink was absolutely brilliant writing, so it's definitely my favorite in this series. However, I loved Human Nature too, and how this set us up for the fob-watch frisson at the end of Utopia.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2008 03:18:46 BDT
RonCharles says:
I have to agree with the previous posts. "Blink" was brilliant! It's now one of my favourite "Dr. Who" episodes from the new series. "Utopia" was, also, exceedingly good. It had both the Master and Captain Jack, and that's quite a combination.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2008 20:53:30 BDT
D. J. Watson says:
There are some fantastic stories in this third series.

When I saw Blink for the first time I thought it was amazing and that nothing else would beat it but then came Utopia which I thought was just perfect, Derek Jacobi was outstanding as Yana and makes the episode unmissable, the whole episode really doesn't have that much of a plot but it brings in a few strands from previous episodes (face of boe's cryptic You Are Not Alone message, plus the fob watch from the human nature two parter) and has a brilliant cliffhanger when The Master is finally revealed, essentially this episode sets up the finale but in many ways it is better than the finale.

To be honest as much as I enjoyed John Simm as The Master I really wish that Derek Jacobi had stayed for at least one more episode, he was at first bumbling and loveable as Yana but when he changed he became a monster, what a brilliant actor.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  3 Jul 2007
Latest post:  10 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007] by David Tennant (DVD - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (149)