Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Sep 2009 17:14:37 BDT
EJ Potts says:
Hi

Am looking for some new books to read Im a fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Anne Bishop, Christine Feenhan and JR Ward...

Anyone got any recommendations for some new paranormal romance (esp vampires) authors????

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2009 04:58:10 BDT
C. Vega says:
hannah howell is a good one, or Linsay Sands. what's bishop and feenhan like?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Oct 2009 01:46:49 BDT
Elizabeth says:
Hi, have you read the Jeaniene Frost novels? Series starts with 'Halfway to the Grave' - its about vampires, and has a good romance thrown in too :) I would say has a more lighthearted feel than BDB, but then don't think thats hard! All I will say is I put off buying the series for ages even though it was recommended to me again and again by Amazon, because I didn't like the reviews AT ALL, but gave in and really got into it once I did. The first book is the authors first (i think) and therefore a liiiittle bit shaky, but still good :) has that good mix of action, romance, varied plot lines, and humor as well.

A more dark and gritty vampire series which I stumbled upon (but still with the very believable romance element) are the Blood Ties series by Jennifer Armintrout. The first book is called 'The Turning'. V good and original too, I would say; four books in the series in all.

Or how about the Cassie Palmer series by Karen Chance? If you want to have a look I do believe she has all her first chapters up on her website - I read them all before I bought the books, I was that hooked! Would give you an idea of her style of writing too. The first of the series is called 'Touch the Dark' if you want to look it up; I would say Karen Chance out of all the ones iv recommended is the most popular. Contains vampires and therefore some steamy vampire moments (if you know what I mean), other paranormal elements as well, but again an original plot which grips you. Again which the touches of humor that I love in the BDB series!

Im reluctant to recommend as I dont think they have patch on BDB, but a series which I started reading which has a suspicious amount of similar elements to BDB, is the Midnight Breeds series by Lara Adrian. First book is 'Kiss of Midnight'. I bought them as stop-gaps when I was waiting for more BDB...its features a band of warriors, brothers maybe, who are vampires and need to save the normal people from the baddie vampires...oh and along the way they all find the woman who completes them...sound familiar?? Theres the king/leader character, the good-looking one, the joker, the tech-savvy one...I kid you not. However there are some elements which I prefer to BDB - the women all have their own powers, in some form or another, that they can use to help the warriors in their fight. They're not just there for sex blood and eventually love.

Hope that gives you some ideas :D sorry its so long!!!

Just some ideas for you to look up, because I love the BDB series too and also enjoyed Anne Bishop, however not so much a fan of Feenhan and Kenyon...good fillers when im waiting for books but dont grip me. Also all the books iv recommended have strong female leads, but that is what I enjoy!

Posted on 26 Feb 2010 22:38:39 GMT
Suzanne says:
You should also try Kresley Cole, not always about vamps, but they are definatly their, plus funny and female leads kick ass :)

Like Elizabeth said as well, Karen Chance books are reallygood, as well as the Cassie Palmer series, there is an offshot one as well that satrs with Midnights Daughter. I also second what she said about the Jeaniene Frost books, they are realy good.

The Ilona Andrews, Kate Daniels series it is really good it starts with Magic Bites and is one of my favourite books.

Gena Showalter is quite good as well with her Lords of the Undeworld series, it is quite dark, not quite as dark as JR Ward though. But worth a look
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  2 Sep 2009
Latest post:  26 Feb 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Covet (Fallen Angels Novels (J. R. Ward))
Covet (Fallen Angels Novels (J. R. Ward)) by J R Ward (Mass Market Paperback - 29 Sept. 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars (114)