Doctor Faustus exists in two versions, both of which were edited from performances in the time of Marlowe. Both are considered to be authentic, but there are notable differences, both the B text containing additional scenes as well as different wording.
Doctor Faustus: B text
- Written to help students make the transition from GCSE to AS/A level;
- Contains a detailed introductory section that puts the play in its historical context;
- Provides in-depth textual notes;
- Contains exam-style questions;
- Includes carefully selected extracts from key critical works on the play;
- Offers additional study skills for AS and A2 learning.