Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Dec 2008 14:32:43 GMT
M. Hayden says:
The previous box set had a faulty DVD - episode "The Settling of the Sun". I ordered three separate copies and the fault was present in all of them. Can anyone confirm whether this has been corrected in the remastering of this new box set?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2009 11:35:31 GMT
Posh Pen says:
I purchased my set early in 2008 and this was also faulty. I did not discover the fault until I viewed it some 4 months after purchase. Amazon co uk never replied to my request about returning it, which was very poor.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jan 2009 00:54:39 GMT
I ordered thru amazon.uk..but with "The best of DVD" a Dutch company. I received the serie with seven cds out of 17 that did not work. I received excellent service from them with offer to reimburse me...but as I was going to order whole the serie again, this time amazon.uk directly...I am now worry that I will get the same result

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jan 2009 01:10:51 GMT
Neal Vincent says:
That's a definite danger with box-sets like this one - you only get three months before your returns window closes, and that means you're forced into some seriously concerted viewing just to get all the discs watched in case of faults! I once bought all 7 seasons of a show, taking advantage of sale prices, and realised that I would then have to watch at least 2 episodes every single night for the next 3 months just check all the discs... Luckily they were all OK, but it could easily have been a harsh lesson not to bite off more than you can chew! :-)

As the fault you mention was a known fault presumably affecting many copies, and there would surely have been many other returns of the same item for the same fault, I would have thought you could have got a replacement even outside the normal returns period. I'd give it another go if you're still within the year - you've nothing to lose after all. Failing that, try contacting the publisher of the DVD - they should be aware of the fault, and may replace the individual disc for you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  2 Dec 2008
Latest post:  22 Jan 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Inspector Morse: The Complete Series 1-12 [DVD]
Inspector Morse: The Complete Series 1-12 [DVD] by John Thaw (DVD - 2008)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (294)