?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2008 07:47:04 GMT
Marti says:
I'd say closer to King Arthur.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2008 12:58:02 GMT
Jake says:
It is closer to King Arthur.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2008 05:03:52 BDT
I would also say closer to King Arthur. Below is what I thought of this book.

The Fates is designed to be a touching, exhilarating story about love surviving even the most adverse circumstances. The story centers on Leah and Nicholas, the two characters who come from very different worlds yet share a common interest - one another. Leah is a Turk and Nicholas a conquering Spartan Lord; therefore, a romance between them is strictly prohibited and would spell serious repercussion.

And yet Leah and Nicholas find that their passion cannot be denied. From their first chance meeting through several other encounters. They find themselves immensely attracted to one another. Tino shows these passions extremely well, describing also each character's trepidation about involvement with the other.

The story is complicated by the fact that Leah is promised to Peatro, a man she does not love. For his part, Peatro is determined to be united with Leah, and he proceeds with plans for their wedding, despite her protestations.

On the supposed night of the marriage, Leah flees and finds refuge in Nicholas' arms. She becomes his wife instead of Peatro's, and news of the marriage quickly spreads. Both Leah and Nicholas are branded as traitors to their people and are ostracized as a result. And yet this only draws them closer together.

Far more than a simple romantic tale, The Fates is also filled with elements of political intrigue. Tino maintains an aura of suspense throughout the story, particularly as Leah and Nicholas deal with the fallout of their decision to wed. One such consequence is the wrath of Peatro, who vows to make Leah his, no matter the cost. This desire for vengeance leads to a cumulative battle, which will have readers on the edge of their seats. Who will triumph, and who will die? Will Leah and Nicholas ever be able to find peace - and more - are answered in the waning pages of The Fates.

Filled with rich dialect and the language of its ancient setting. The Fates is designed to be highly authentic. Because of its emphasis on accepting and being open-minded toward those who are different, this is a tale with highly contemporary implications. Readers will appreciate the fact that Leah and Nicholas decide to follow their hearts, despite the inauspicious circumstances and naysayers that surround them.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2008 05:04:28 BDT
For those who would like an honest review.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2008 13:45:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2008 13:45:56 BDT
It is nice to see an honest review. Well done Andrew Webber!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2008 21:57:00 BDT
Jake says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 00:33:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Apr 2008 00:33:48 BDT
Jake says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 04:24:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Apr 2008 04:41:21 BDT
Thank you. I don't write or review for any magazines, just a satisfied reader who doesn't believe the juvenile antics of about three people writing false 1-star reviews under various names.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 04:41:43 BDT
Did you post your review Andrew Webber?

I just did.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 04:55:48 BDT
Jake says:

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 05:03:21 BDT
I hope it doesn't post. I'd rather wait 'til Amazon removes all these riff-raffs.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 05:09:35 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 08:21:55 BDT
CJ says:
Oh dear, poor Tino, having to have conversations with himself again....

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 10:40:06 BDT
Roger says:
Tino

I thought you had been quiet lately. Please stop being pathetic. So you've purchased another couple of items from Amazon and invented some more IDs. Don't for one minute think that anyone falls for the fake IDs scam any more. Can't you be just a little bit more inventive?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 11:31:48 BDT
I'm wondering if they're using a proxy server, because if not the single IP address that many of these posts come from should be easy for Amazon to spot.

**still cringing at the analogies and butchering of the english language in AW's review**

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 12:10:06 BDT
Roger says:
Yes, AW's review is so obviously written by Tino. Loved the line "The Fates is designed to be authentic". Coming from TG, that's pretty rich!! And what on earth is a "cumulative battle"?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 18:21:29 BDT
Boof says:
Tino, you made a mistake.

Further up Andrew Webber asks "Did you post your review Andrew Webber?"

Having all these conversations with yourself must get very confusing...........

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 20:49:10 BDT
Further up Andrew Webber asks "Did you post your review Andrew Webber?"

You must really be reaching to try and discredit this fab. author. I was posting the question Jake asked me. Just the way I posted the comment you made to me!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 20:56:36 BDT
C. Creel says:
Andrew, why is it that the only book you have reviewed is The Fates?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2008 04:45:11 BDT
Andrew, why is it that the only book you have reviewed is The Fates?

I don't see any reviews you've written. BTW, why is this book the only review many of the 1-star reviewers written?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2008 08:33:13 BDT
Dee says:
The 1-star reviewers don't have reviews because they only attack their assigned author. Notice how the spread lie upon lie.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Fates forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  22 Mar 2008
Latest post:  17 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions