Fated Dreams (Affinity Book 1)
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£0.99

on 31 December 2013
This started really well. Sarah was going to a private school when she was bullied by some other girls. She then moved to the school her brother attends and where her Mother was vice principal. It was never explained why she didn't go there in the first place. There she meets Lucas and Logan, twins who're very different to each other. After some disturbing dreams about one of the twins, she gets together with Lucas, the nicer one of the two. Then strange things start to happen. The end third is a really good idea.
Some parts of this were brilliantly written and some not. I thought some of the choices the character made were really odd and I couldn't understand how a girl who loves her parents and had such a great relationship with them, would hide what she did (not giving the plot away) and also hide it from Lucas. However part of the problem being solved relied on this.
I also thought the main characters fell in love too quickly, declarations of everlasting love after a few kisses, seemed over the top. Lucas also blew hot and cold if he didn't get to know everything (and if she was in love why didn't she tell him, it would have been an added dimension to their relationship) and for me showed some very controlling traits which seemed at odds with his personality.
I honestly think that this author has so much potential. Her work just needs different editing and beta readers who would point these things out. Sometimes different vocabulary choices would work better too, 'There was cold laughter in his eyes' is just odd.
Saying all of that, it's a much better, longer story than a lot out there.
on 8 April 2013
I LOVED IT.
Didn't think I would. I mean it was nothing fantasy or paranormal which is my first love when it comes to books.
But it kept me in suspense and it was so sweet and cute!
Sarah is a likeable and relatable girl from the first page. She has a horrible expierience in her first school and moves on straight away. There she meets her two best friends and eventually starts dating Lucas- whom happens to be the brother of the popular jerk Logan.
They both have been expierienceing vivid unexplainable dreams since before they can remember and together expierience the most bizarre 2 months of their lives.
Yeah it was SO good.
Really enjoyed it.
Put it this way I downloaded It 2 hours ago and I have now finished it.
Yup a must-read! Can't believe no-ones read it as of yet!

Well done Christina it's a lovely book, thanks for the free copy!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I was actually surprised I liked this book. I'm not a huge fan of romance but this was pretty well done and I found I liked the characters enough to cheer on their relationship as well as sympathised and felt the pain of the main character when things went wrong.

The plot wasn't the most original but it was still good and nicely told and I actually found myself missing the characters when I finished the book.

The only slight drawback was the believability of the mystery side of things. I found a few of the things the main characters did a little far fetched and thought them braver than they would have been facing things like that but it didn't detract too much.