on 4 December 2014
**I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP or Lovers of Paranormal)**
Fatal retribution has been an amazing read, a gripping storyline with fantastic characters and unlike anything I have ever read before. This book is going straight into my list of favourites possibly along with the second in the series which I will be reading as of tomorrow. In short I loved this book and in case anyone is curious about the rating I can already say 5 stars.

The main character is Raina, she is a witch elf hybrid in a world where all paranormal species and God's and anything else supernatural are living along with humans who as always are oblivious to what is happening around them. When Raina and her brothers are bitten by a vampire they are forced into a situation that they would not normally be in and since Raina is the only one of them not to turn into a full vampire it makes her question who her family really are. I loved Raina as a main character as she was too shy to turn into a whiney main character who only cares about boys yet was still aware of boys and she had the perfect kick ass, sassy attitude that I feel every female character should have. This book is very much an emotional journey for Raina and yet she remains a constant throughout, this main character was so expertly written that it will take hopefully more than three books before I inevitably tire of reading about her (which I do with every female character).

There are a lot of secondary characters in this book I however feel the most noteworthy are Nicholas, Mato, Tristan and Damon. Nicholas is one of Darian's brothers that got bitten and subsequently turned into a vampire, due to the strain of blood from the vampire who bit him Nicholas's turning happened so fast and because of his elf blood pretty much shattered the reality of him living by the same moral code he was before the bite. Nicholas struggles throughout this book to come to terms with what has happened to him and I feel this makes Raina nervous about her inevitable fate. Mato acts in a role that is almost like he is a vampire law enforcement officer for the area Raina and her brothers are bitten; he stays throughout the book I think because as well as being attracted to Raina he is also curious about what will happen to her. Tristan is Raina's non vampire brother who helps her with disputes with her mother who rejects her now that she will be a vampire. And Damon is a teacher Raina goes to see about how to deal with issues she will face as a vampire. All the secondary characters play a big part in Raina's life and ultimately I chose to talk about the ones that stay with her until the end of this book.

The pacing was great building up a great plot to get us hooked then an explosive finale appearing us forward to want to read the next book. I loved that we were chucked straight into the story and then given the appropriate time to learn about each and every character during a transition phase before giving us the big twist.

The storyline is fantastically original and unique giving us a brand new almost fantasy world where all paranormal and supernatural species can live in with humans not knowing.

I thought this book was fantastic and original, 5 stars and bring on book 2 - mortal sentry.
on 8 July 2014
This book was given to me by the author through Lovers of Paranormal in exchange for an honest review.

Raina is part Elf and part Witch who doesn't know how to use her gifts. She lives and works with her mother but their relationship is quite fragile. She has a good relationship with her brothers. When, they go on a camping trip, one of her brothers is attacked by a vampire, which leads to her being infected as well. The only thing is that she becomes a living vampire instead of an undead like her other two brothers. After this incident, she is intent on finding out who is responsible for spreading the virus because as a rule, the vampires don't usually attack others as they are monitored until they can live alongside humans without pausing any danger to the society.

This leads to a whole lot of complications and Raina discovers that those responsible for their safety are corrupted. She meets Mato, a vampire who works in the police department and they become very close whilst trying to solve this problem. This book is full of mystery, suspense, danger and a little romance. All in all, I liked the whole concept of the story, which flowed nicely. This book deserves a five star rating and I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

I would like to thank the author for giving me the opportunity to read this book and would recommend to those interested in reading a supernatural story with a difference.
on 16 November 2014
I received this book from the lovers of paranormal group for an honest review.

I loved this book, it captured me from the first page. I loved how the author developed the characters and made them all identifiable. My heart broke for Nick and Tristan kind of annoyed me. Raina is still living with her mum at twenty one years of age and they have a strange relationship, her mother says all the right things but doesn't show it.

This book was full of intrigue, mystery and Gore with a little romance thrown in. Mato and Raina's relationship is only beginning and I like that they didn't fall into bed or in love two days after meeting. I can't wait to read the next book to see how everything develops!!!