- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 2nd Edition edition (1 Feb. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405126930
- ISBN-13: 978-1405126939
- Product Dimensions: 19.6 x 1.6 x 24.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 233,857 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Fashion Source Book Paperback – 1 Feb 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
* Contains over 1750 copyright-free illustrations which readers can use and adapt
* Provides the visual information that students need but is lacking in fashion dictionaries
* All the illustrations in the new edition have been redrawn using contemporary techniques
* Also includes a range of fashion poses (for women, men and children) which can be used as templates for students' own illustrations with information on how to prepare them for fashion illustration
From the Inside Flap
This comprehensive source book sets out over 1750 working drawings of garments, accessories and their details, which can be used for reference while designing. Each drawing, which may be a historical, classical, ethnic or inspirational example, is correctly named and fully described in the extensive glossary, thus providing the visual information that is lacking from fashion dictionaries.
In addition, a range of useful fashion poses is provided for women, men and children (from birth to teenage) with instructions on how these may be developed by readers and used as templates for their own illustrations. All the illustrations are copyright-free, enabling readers to use and adapt as they wish.
All the illustrations have been redrawn traditionally then subjected to contemporary computer graphics techniques with a view to clearly communicating shape and detail. As much fabric representation as possible has been illustrated, on relevant garments, to give an authentic feel and a variety of complex patterns, prints and textures employed using computer graphics tools.
Kathryn McKelvey is a Reader in the School of Design at Northumbria University, in Newcastle, and the co-author, with Janine Munslow of Fashion Design and Illustrating Fashion.
Other title of interest
Fabric, Form and Flat Pattern Cutting
0 632 03917 5
Pattern Cutting for Womens Tailored Jackets
0 632 05467 0
Metric Pattern Cutting for Childrens Wear
0 632 05265 1
Tracy Diane and Tom Cassidy
1 4051 2120 3
Metric Pattern Cutting
1 4051 0278 0
Kathryn McKelvey & Janine Munslow
Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear
1 4051 3141 1
Kathryn McKelvey & Janine Munslow
Edited by M E Easey
0 632 05199 X
0 632 05584 7See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
IT HAS CLEAR ILLUSTRATIONS WHICH YOU CAN COPY OF EVERY TYPE OFTOP,SKIRT,BLOUSE,TROUSERS,SHOES ETC FOR MEN LADIES, AND CHILDREN, WHICH ARE VERY EASY TO DRAW AND ADAPT.
THERE ARE ALSO ILLUSTRATIONS OF THE CORRECT WAY TO DRAW PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT POSES. WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT THIS BOOK?