on 7 September 2011
I bought this for my 14 year old daughter who is 'into' fashion design, it is simply fantastic! She was drawing freestyle models within days in various poses and then designing clothes to draw onto them on them.
on 27 January 2012
Just the book I have been looking for to help my 11 year old daughter with her fashion designs. Really good clear illustrations and step-by-step drawing guides to help with creating figures in proportion and adding texture and flow to designs.
on 10 January 2012
A really good book. Bought for my 11 year old daughter for Christmas. But my 9 year old also loves it. In the past they've had the Klutz Paper Fashions books which they also love. This is a bit more 'grown up' and requires more independent thought etc
on 20 October 2011
You can find in it lots of examples of how to sketch and draw not only the posture but also clothes. I found it very usefull.
on 5 March 2012
This book was a present for my daughter who just turned 12. She is really delighted with it and was inspired to spend hours drawing the day she got it. She is really interested in drawing techniques and even though I am a professional artist she will pay attention to the tips and techniques in the book and not really listen to me...but it has really brought life to the things I've told her. She now wants to set up a fashion website with her pal.
The book is really easy to follow and very comprehensive. It teaches the youngster about loose drawing, figure sketching, fabric textures and overall "looks" - she loves that bit and has come up with pages of looks of her own.
A fantastic book for a beginner.
on 29 January 2014
I bought this for my neice who although is only 10 years old she is mature for her age and already very interested in fashion designing. I saw this and thought it might be a good option for a presen,t along with My Style Studio: Design and Trace Your Own Fashions by Klutz. It arrived quickly and when I opened it I was thrilled, it exceeded my expectations. It contains everything a budding fashion designer could wish for. Wonderful illustrations, ideas, comments, patterns and full of modern outfits, not dated at all. My neice loves it and she can't wait to show me her new projects each time I see her. It has been the perfect gift for her and actually I am a little envious as I would quite like to have one of my own.
I would recommend this product.
on 4 February 2013
Excellent book for the budding young fashion designer. Loads of tips and hints. Easy to follow layout and not overly technical.
on 30 October 2014
Great for people wanting to start fashion designing. It is very helpful because if you were stuck on thinking what kind of things you would like to draw next, there are endless options of hairstyles, different feature of people you can add and also lots of fashion items to choose from. i think this a great place to start if you are interested in this type of thing and it takes you through the whole giude of what to do to create amazing drawings. :)
on 13 February 2013
This is brilliant for age 10 years and over. There are lots of designs to copy and is a first class tool for a child learning to draw and design.
on 2 December 2013
I have searched across many books similar to this one.. And I decided to buy it. My daughter 13 y.o. loved this book. After first attempt she could draw the silhouette and it was really good. The illustration is very clear, quality of the cover and papers are excellent. This book is must have for those who is interested in fashion design and also for those who loves drawing. 10/10!