on 3 December 2013
some American readers may be put off by the sometime quirky interiors. The concept of the book is continental European houses which use FB paints so the houses are not English however the book is full of interesting and unusual color combinations which will surely give you many new ideas for your home.
on 8 August 2014
I purchased this book from another site and it is wonderful. There are examples of Farrow & Ball colour schemes in differently styled rooms, cupboards and kitchen cabinetry. I love reading about the history of some of the homes and soon became so engrossed in the background stories I completely forgot that I purchased the book to compare different colour schemes in the 'flesh' so to speak. If you enjoy interior design books or just love looking at different interiors this book is a must.
on 5 December 2013
If you love elegant and vibrant interiors, if you're a fan of the greatest interior design magazines you surely must have heard about Farrow & Ball paints and wallpapers. Yes? No? Even if the F&B logo doesn't say anything to you, to my mind it's high time we all got to know a bit more about Farrow & Ball - the brand that should be named together with cricket, Savile Row tailoring, roast beef and even Downton Abbey, when we talk about Britain and all the classy things it has to offer to the rest of the World!

Could we find a better way to get acquainted with something than flicking through pages of a beautiful book?

This book offers a plethora of photographs depicting stylish homes. Exploring these flats, villas and houses, that seem so different, you'll get acquainted with myriads of possibilities how Farrow & Ball paints and wallpapers become a perfect backdrop for antique furniture or contemporary artworks.

You will also be invited to read interesting stories how the owners tamed there homes. How they changed and shaped them into something that can now be called their fortresses. There's so much love involved, it's unbelievable!

Summing it up - don't miss your chance to see some beautiful classical and contemporary interiors and to meet brilliant owners and decorators, who value Farrow & Ball, the company, that has always stayed true to its roots - with products still being made in Dorset by craftsmen, still formulated with traditional ingredients, and still bearing memorable names!
on 11 December 2013
Bought the first one and was really excited to about this one. Bought this for a friend as a housewarming gift and she loved it. Beautiful images and very inspirational.
on 26 October 2013
I have to agree with the previous review. Beautifully produced as usual but the content disappoints, the previous title was so more accessible. I don't connect with these pictures of glossy gazzillionaires homes. There is nothing I can take from this and as beautiful as John Nicholsans Spitafields house is, is been a feature of more RPS books than you can shake a stick at. Were these overs from a previous photo shoot? Or just lazy picture research? If I'd looked at this in a shop prior to ordering it I wouldn't have bought it it's definitely not worth £35.00 and is not something I would recommend purchasing.
on 11 December 2013
I bought this as a present for my friend who wanted some inspiration for decorating her new house and was so impressed I bought one for myself! It's a beautifully presented book with inspiring images of lovely homes. I was very pleased with the quality of the book and would buy it again as it makes a wonderful gift.

I cannot rate this enough! 10/10.
on 23 October 2013
I was so disappointed with this book, I really loved the last one 'Living with Colour' which has been well loved and really enjoyed, fabulous room shots and a great source of inspiration. I was so pleased to see that a new book had been published and ordered it straight away- well what a BIG disappointment, it has none of the style of the last book. This one is a tour around European houses with some very dodgy and repetitive colour combinations and pictures you wouldn't want to linger over, have sadly not been inspired by this one. I bought copies of the last book to give as Christmas presents to my friends and family, who are all F&B addicts- would love for this one to have been another gem so that I could do the same again this year- but it is a very definite NO . Lacklustre and not what I expect from the fabulous F&B .
on 5 April 2015
I found this book a bit underwhelming generally. The interiors aren't particularly attractive, and it just convinces me that decorating with strong paint colours is pretty difficult after all.
on 14 November 2013
Love this new Farrow and Ball book by Ros Byam Shaw with great photography by Jan Baldwin.

I am a die hard F&B Grey colour palette fan, but after reading this am looking at new colours, the interior decoration and design in the homes is fantastic, more contemporary in places and it's great to see how the colours can look so different with the lighting and surrounding furnishings. Maybe all the images do not grab you at once but I find myself picking it up and looking over it again and again with new eyes each time and many pages marked for new colours to try, great for reference and inspiration. The more I read it the more I like it! Beautiful book.
on 7 November 2013
Having loved and been inspired by "Living with Colour" I pre-ordered "Decorating with Colour" eagerly awaiting delivery. I am deeply disappointed with this book. It lacks all the character and charm of "Living with Colour" and does not identify with "real homes" as the first book did. Had I been able to "look inside" this book prior to ordering I would not have purchased it. I am so disillusioned with the book that I will probably never bother to open it again.