Fantanstic album... BUT

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Jan 2009 22:34:48 GMT
J. SULLIVAN says:
There is one track sorely missed from this album that should have been on there. Don't get me wrong, I love Oasis and I know I'm going to get slagged off from some people for this, but surely some people will agree with me. The track I am referring to is of course "Acquiesce". When I first heard the album I thought it was incredible, but after hearing Acquiesce as a b-side, I was shocked as to why it was not put on the album because it is definately worthy of being on here, even Owen Morris the producer believed it should have been included. I think if the track in mention was on the album... for me personally it would stand as the greatest album of all time... even today. I just wonder, would Oasis re-release the album with Acquiesce on it? Probably not, but if it was on the album, where do you think it would go? My thought's were before Some Might Say. Not sure, what does everyone else think?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2010 01:55:49 GMT
Rami says:
The first time I listened to the album, I thought "Wow". After my eighth or ninth listen I already started to figure out what else the album could include that would make it better. Truth is Acquiesce is a good song, actually it's a fantastic song, but would lose some of it's charm if it wasn't a B-Side really. When you listen to a B-Side, you expect most of the times some crappy, experimental song that is inferior to many songs of it's A-Side's album, with Acquiesce you don't feel that, but if it was included on the album it would just be another "really good filler", FOR ME.
I really don't think it will ever appear on the album, since it's included on The Masterplan B-Sides album, but if that record is ever to be re-released, I pray they fix the audio. I just think it's too distorted and loud. For example, I bought Rock N Roll Star from the PS3 store for Rock Band (I know that song is from "Definitely Maybe", but y'know)
and the song was really, extremely polished and nicely mixed. Not better, but cleaner. They definitely need to clean up the Morning Glory album as soon as possible because it really eats up the dynamics of the excellent songs that album has. If Acquiesce was to be on the album, I would've placed it before Champagne Supernova.

I really like Morning Glory the way it is, except for the mixing, I really like it enough to give it 7 stars over 10. I think Definitely Maybe is better, but that's another subject.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  6 Jan 2009
Latest post:  31 Jan 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
What's the Story Morning Glory
What's the Story Morning Glory by Oasis (Audio CD - 1995)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (255)