Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 delayed AGAIN

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jan 2012 17:35:24 GMT
Emsworthboy says:
The ship date has been changed for the third time. Originally it was schedualed for November 2011, now its beginning of February. Doesa anyone know if the are any major issues with the software that can cause all of these problems. I am wondering if I should pull out on Ancestory and use FU or another supplier?

Posted on 13 Jan 2012 10:25:02 GMT
I'm all for them making sure it works properly, but it had better do after this wait.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jan 2012 12:23:05 GMT
Emsworthboy says:
Another delay today. Just got an email from Amazon now into February.

Posted on 17 Jan 2012 20:32:01 GMT
Tigger says:
Lets hope it is more stable than v1 for Mac, it is one of the very few programs that regularly crashes on my Mac, cannot think of anything else as bad. It is about time Ancestry got their act together, the place authority for the UK is very poor currently and full addresses are still not supported. I am desperate for the web sync feature to work with iPad/iPhone but it appears that until set from the desktop the tree cannot be identified for synchronisation.

Posted on 25 Jan 2012 11:42:50 GMT
Jean Mary says:
I have just gone from PC to Mac, can anyone tell me if I buy FTM for Mac can I export my existing Family tree on the PC into the Mac or am I going to lose it

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2012 12:42:54 GMT
Emsworthboy says:
Sorry not sure about old version. I believe the new one syncs to the website data, not sure about sync with your data on a pc ( although I assume it can) may be best to send an email to support@ and ask.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2012 14:22:26 GMT
Tigger says:
Wait for the v2 mac product. You can convert your tree but even in the 2012 pc and v2 mac the sync is with one desktop only according to documentation. This update does at long last appear to deliver some improvement to place authority too. Pc tested still waiting for mac

Posted on 6 Feb 2012 00:33:51 GMT
Maria says:
Is anyone else having problems with this crashing? I am going to give it a few more days before I ask for a refund

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2012 07:11:01 GMT
Emsworthboy says:
Mine has not arrived yet . . This sounds worrying after all this wait. I will let you know when it gets here.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2012 08:43:47 GMT
Tigger says:
Mine arrived Sat but since then has crashed a number of times and has not yet managed to either upload tree or sync. Not happy.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2012 09:54:49 GMT
Emsworthboy says:
Are you running lion or snow leopard?

Posted on 6 Feb 2012 12:05:16 GMT
Maria says:
I am running Lion, I notice there has already been one update to the software

Posted on 6 Feb 2012 12:13:14 GMT
Emsworthboy says:
Let's hope they are on the case and it settles down. I still have not got mine yet, and I notice it's not available yet in the MAC app store (v1 used to be but has gone)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2012 13:04:34 GMT
Tigger says:
Lion too, and have applied all updates available.

Posted on 7 Feb 2012 20:14:27 GMT
Emsworthboy says:
Got my software today and had no problems at all including sync. Interestingly I am still running Snow Leopard (I have software that needs Rosetta), I wander if that's the reason?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  10 Jan 2012
Latest post:  7 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 (Mac)
Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 (Mac) by Avanquest Software (Mac OS X)
3.7 out of 5 stars (77)