Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Maker has always made it easy to discover your story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage as you explore your family tree on your personal computer. And now, Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Maker 2010 WORLD EDITION provides the most extensive access to worldwide records, making it the perfect solution for genealogists whose family history journey will take them beyond the shores of the UK! Plus, you'll also get free online photo storage, tools to create your own family tree website and backup and protect software to keep all your precious memories safe!
Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting on your family tree, Family Tree Maker 2010 can help you create a family tree faster, easier, and better than ever before. The end result is a family history that you and your family will treasure for years to come. Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Maker 2010 lets you easily:
- Organise your family story privately and conveniently on your personal computer.
- Create charts and reports in a variety of formats to share with friends and family.
- Discover new information anywhere on the web and add it to your tree instantly.
- Integrate with the million of global records on Ancestry.co.uk using the free World subscription. Even receive hints linking you to matching records.
- Incorporate photos, documents, audio, video and other files into your tree.
- View Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird's-eye view of where members of your family come from.
- Create Timelines that highlight personal, family, and world events.
- Document AND rate each of your citations with powerful sourcing tools.
- Merge duplicate individuals, calculate dates, create to-do lists, and more with easy-to-use-tools.
- Import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestry File, The Master Genealogist, and Legacy Family Tree.
What's new in Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Maker 2010 WORLD EDITION?
PLUS! Exclusive to the WORLD EDITION
- New tools and charts that let you tell a richer story
- Better ways to organise photos and other media
- Slideshows you can create with images in your tree
- Publish beautiful family books made from your tree to share with family & friends
- Standard source templates that help you reference the right information
- New Person View - A view of your relationship to everyone in your tree
- Extended family birthday calendars
- Scanner support - Add scanned images directly into your tree
- Family migration paths over time
- Easy family tree download from Ancestry.co.uk
- Better Performance - Experience faster load times and navigation
How can you make the most of Ancestry.co.uk? Family Tree Maker 2010 comes with a 6 month WORLDWIDE Membership* to the UK's largest collection of family history resources (worth over £113).M
- Access to Ancestry.co.uk's global record collections - including UK, Eire, Australia, Canada, USA, Europe and more, to help you trace your family tree worldwide. Even become part of the global Ancestry Community to share information, post queries and share tips.
- SendPhotos with 1 GB of FREE Online Photo Storage - Share your memorable photos with family and friends
- Backup & Protect Software - Keep all your valuable photos, records, documents and certificates safe
- Create your Own Website Software - Create your own website to share your family tree and keep in touch with family members across the world
WORLDWIDE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Your software works seamlessly with the site so you can easily search for your ancestors and automatically add the information you discover to your tree.
- You could find missing facts about your family in census records, military records, image collections and other historical resources.
- Learn family history hints and tips at the Ancestry Online Learning Centre
Search and access millions of global records - the world's largest collection of online family history records. Worldwide Membership gives unlimited access to the world's largest online collection of family history information. From embarkation papers to immigration documents and slave registers - if we have records, you can view them, wherever in the world they are! The complete Ancestry UK record collection including:
- Census records including the 1841-1901 censuses for England, Wales and Scotland
- Birth, Marriage and Death Indexes from 1837-2005 for England and Wales
- British WW1 Military records including pension and service records and medal indexes
- Newspapers and periodicals
- British Phone Books 1880-1984
- Deeds, court documents and wills
- University Alumni
Ancestry.co.uk Family Tree Maker WORLD EDITION includes a wealth of additional resources to complement your family research: Backup and Protect Your Precious Memories
- Irish historical records
- Australian and US immigration records
- Ancestry's global record collections - including Australia, Canada and the USA
- Overseas Census records
As you embark on your family history journey, you'll start to gather valuable information about your ancestors, including family photos, video clips, certificates and records, e-mails, music etc. Backup and Protect ensures that your PC and everything on it, is fully protected against disaster!
With SendPhotos, sharing and storing photos is as easy as taking them!
- Safeguard valuable digital belongings from system crashes, virus infections and hard drive failures.
- Automatic scheduling takes the hassle out of remembering to backup
- Backup to CD, DVD, USB drives, separate partitions, hard drive or network
- Saves space by only backing up files and data that has changed
With SendPhotos PC you can organise all your family photos into albums to browse and share easily. You can create as many albums as you need - simply drag and drop your pictures into folders and share them on the web. You can even create stunning animated slideshows and photo stories to send to family and friends - a great way to share memories after special occasions and family events.
- Includes a free account with 1GB of online storage space for your photos
- Create and share albums, slideshows and photo stories for different family events
- Share your photos and invite whoever you want to enjoy your albums - you decide who sees what!
- Includes professional photo-editing tools to adjust and improve your photos
Create your own Family Tree Website
One of the most rewarding parts of researching your family history is sharing the results with family and friends. Using Create your own Website, you can create your very own customised family website with a domain name and 3 month's free web hosting* all included!
Bonus Materials Also included: Family Tree Maker 2010 Getting Started Guide
- Connect your family members from all over the world and stay in touch with loved ones.
- Share photos, video clips, family recipes, stories, special moments and memories
- Fully customisable with no web design experience or html programming required
- Create message boards and blogs to update family and friends with the latest news
Follow simple instructions to begin a project and master the program's basic features. Family Tree Maker Little Book of Answers
It's easy to record your ancestry when your family setup is relatively straightforward. But what do you do if your relatives don't fit the cookie-cutter mould? Whether it's figuring out the best way to enter adopted children, or creating a family health history, The Little Book of Answers shows you how Family Tree Maker can work best for you. 3 Free Issues of Your Family Tree Magazine
Subscribe to the most respected genealogy magazine for 1 year, and receive your first 3 issues FREE+. The magazine offers practical, expert advice on all areas of family research, an array of essential resources, genealogy questions & answers and cover gifts on every issue. Save up to £44 on Arrowfile Genealogy Storage Products
Organise and Safeguard your Family History for Future Generations. Used by museums, Arrowfile's refill pages are ACID-FREE to protect your precious photos, documents and certificates. Spend £19.99 or more on refill pages and claim matching leather albums worth £44.90+ Discounts on Ancestry.co.uk products
Save 20% on Ancestry DNA testing. Discover your ancient ancestry, validate existing research and break through genealogical dead ends.
Save 25% on MyCanvas. Create beautiful pages to showcase your documents, photos and charts and print professional books and posters. Interactive Training Tutorial
Step-by-step hints and tips to help you grow your family tree. Family Tree Maker 2010 WORLD EDITION - Contents at a Glance
- 6-month Ancestry.co.uk WORLDWIDE Membership (worth over £113)
- Family Tree Maker 2010 program CD-ROM
- Backup and Protect software
- Create your own Family Tree website
- SendPhotos with 1GB of free photo storage
- Family Tree Maker Getting Started Guide
- Family Tree Maker Training Tutorial
- Family Tree Maker Little Book of Answers
- 20% discount on Ancestry DNA Testing+
- 25% off MyCanvas Printed Books & Posters+
- Save up to £44 off Arrowfile Genealogy Albums & Acid Free Archival Pages+
- 3 FREE ISSUES of your Family Tree Magazine when you subscribe for 1 year+
+ Terms and Conditions Apply * Subscription Activation -Terms and Conditions apply.
Windows XP SP2/Vista and Windows 7, 1 GHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent), 460 MB or installation /512 MB of RAM, 32X CD/CD-R, 1024x768 resolution monitor, All online features require internet access, Minimum System Requirements:
Windows XP SP2/Vista and Windows 7, 500 MHz Intel Pentium II (or equivalent), 460 MB for installation / 256 MB of RAM, 2X CD-ROM (required for installation), 800x600 resolution monitor