- Platform: Windows 8 / 7 / Vista
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Family Tree Maker Deluxe Edition (PC)
- The latest version of the uk's no. 1 selling family history software
- includes everything you need to begin your family history journey
- quickly and easily build your family tree
- update your tree on the go with the treesync feature
- create family books, charts and reports
- includes a 3-month 'essentials' membership to ancestry.co.uk
- search and access key records including uk census records and birth, marriage and death records
- digital version of the family tree maker companion guide
- put your ancestors on the map and track your family's migration path
- write smart stories about your family using simple tools and templates
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PC | Edition: Deluxe Edition
The No1. Selling Family History Software
With exciting new features and enhancements to help you, Ancestry.co.uk ™ Family Tree Maker® 2014 makes it easier than ever to discover your family story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage.
Enjoy new Family View™ for a broader view of your tree and explore new enhanced charts and reports, including more print options. Plus the improved TreeSync™ feature lets you sync your tree from your computer, tablet or smartphone, so you always know you're accessing and sharing the very latest information.
Family Tree Maker® 2014 lets you easily:-
- Organise your family story privately and conveniently on your desktop computer or laptop
- Build your family tree as Ancestry.co.uk™ searches millions of historical records.
- IMPROVED! Get started quickly with an easy-to-use interface.
- IMPROVED! Update your tree using TreeSync™ from any computer with a Web browser or with your mobile device.
- NEW! View your tree two ways - in Family View or Pedigree View.
- IMPROVED!Get your questions answered with upgraded help topics.
- NEW! Export a branch of your tree or automatically sort children in families using simplified common tasks
- IMPROVED! Print your tree using new enhancements to charts and reports including customisable list reports
Family Tree Maker® 2014 features a host of new and exciting ways to discover your family tree:-
- New Family View - see your family tree in a new way. This additional view makes navigating easier, especially when you want to see extended family members.
- Improved TreeSync ™- lets you easily synchronise your tree in Family Tree Maker® with an online Ancestry.co.uk™ tree.
A more robust TreeSync lets you sync even more of your family tree info.
Easily share your tree with your family and work on it together. Family and friends can view the online version of your tree without software or a subscription.
Collaborate with the largest, most active family history resource.
- More organisational tools - stay organised with new tools that let you sort children automatically by birth order and view people by location, grouping them by country, state, county, and city.
- New and improved charts and reports - more options and views let you display an individual's ancestors, spouses, and children together. Also, the Index of Individuals Report has been expanded with options for anniversary, birthday, and contact lists, and more.
- New tree branch export - a new export option makes it much simpler to export a single branch of your tree.
- More editing options - save time with the ability to copy and paste facts including related source citations, media items, and notes.
Family Tree Maker 2014® Deluxe Edition includes a 3-month 'Essentials' Membership to Ancestry.co.uk™ †:
- Get access to UK Census, Birth, Marriage and Death records, photos, news stories and family trees.
- Collaborate with the world's largest online family history resource.
- You can search key historical records including UK Census records, Birth, Marriage and Death records as well as accessing the world's largest collections of family trees.
Deluxe Edition Also Includes:
Digital version of the Companion Guide to Family Tree Maker®: Learn Family Tree Maker's most popular features with quick lessons that make research fast and fun.
Why Family Tree Maker®
- Access interactive street and satellite maps - View important locations in your ancestors' lives. Or create a migration map showing where events in their lives took place.
- Easily organise media - Add photos, documents, audio and video in one, easy-to-access location. Link media to multiple people in your tree and incorporate them into charts and reports.
- Share your work with others - Use templates to create beautiful family trees or design your own with powerful charting tools. Enhance charts with backgrounds, embellishments and family photos.
- Discover new family members - Follow hints from Ancestry.co.uk, the world's largest family history resource.
- Create Smart Stories - Transform facts from your tree into stories that update automatically as you update your tree.
- Simplify source creation - Use templates to source everything from online databases to vital records.
- Use standard location names - Use the place authority database to enter place names consistently and in a standard format.
- Explore data like never before - Use new and improved reports to gather information and export it in a variety of formats. Save settings in one report and apply them to others.
- Navigate your tree with ease - View multiple generations, navigate to any individual in your tree with a click of the mouse and add or edit life events.
- Import data from other genealogy programs - Open files created in Legacy™ Family Tree, The Master Genealogist™ and FamilySearch™ Personal Ancestral Files.
CD-ROM;Quick Start Guide
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
in the world that likes it ? ), I found that I could not reinstall my version of
Family Tree Maker as it was incompatible.
So I purchased the 2014 edition.
Fortunately I had regularly backed-up my family tree but panicked slightly when I
tried to import the tree and it told me that it could not do so. It informed me
that it would have to convert the file/s to make it compatible.
However, after telling it to go ahead and holding my breath, it went like a dream.
My family tree imported with no issues and, from what I can see so far, it is
behaving itself beautifully.
Additionally, it comes with a three month membership of Ancestry.co.uk
so I can take advantage of that again at any time I want and do any further updates
to the tree.
I find this program very good value for money and far better than others I have tried.
To newcomers the interface may look a little daunting at first but is easy to get to
grips with, plus there is plenty of online help available.
I like the reports it generates; only thing I would change is being able to save the downloaded trees in word so I can edit them rather than have them saved as pdf.
If like me you have already done a fair bit of research with freeBMD etc, then you will find the free essentials membership gives most value with access to old census records.
However it is not long before you will wish you bought a version with free premium membership (but at the right price !).
Happy hunting !
I would not recommend it stick with your older versions.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
DO NOT BUY THIS.
Family tree maker has been discontinued my Ancestry. The linking and search facilities will not work. Read more
Earlier version would not work on Windows 2010, so I searched for a solution. The supplier is no longer supporting the software. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Francis Fogbound
My Dad loves this programme it gets better with every version. Delivered promptly in time for ChristmasPublished 1 month ago by Andy