on 29 March 2014
The ongoing tribulations of Sienna Nealon... Fun to read. It has a few decent plot mechanisms to keep you reading. I am looking forwards to reading the others...
What's stopping it getting a higher star rating?
Well, whilst the books are readable, fun and follow the current post/more than human zeitgeist that's going around, they are just too short. I found books 1 to 3 and read them over 2 days, just about ok, but only because of their price. This book, at about 200 odd pages was a single days read. The author should try combining some books to make a decent sized novel.
on 16 April 2014
Well written and readable, but too short for a book. More like a novella or part 3 of a book It's a bit like paying for each part of a book which makes it quite expensive overall.
on 14 January 2015
Selling 200 hundred pages for just under 3 quid is ridiculous, I understand that when authors do an e-book series the idea is to just get as much money as possible but that's crazy, I'd expect another 200 for what I paid. It's a good book and a good series but I think if your going to write 10 books in a series and charge that much for each book it has to be more then 200 pages. It's extortionate and its mugging off the readers. I'm a young mum I don't like feeling ripped off
on 9 December 2012
Can't wait for the fifth book to be released. I have read all four books in under a week and totally hooked!
on 7 July 2014
I've enjoyed all four books so far, the characters, story lines but I feel it's a bit short and the end leaves you hanging. A good read though.
on 25 March 2014
Another wonderful tale in the life of Sienna. Thank you Mr Crane. Again there is excitement, suspense, suspicion and a touch of romance. This instalment has it all. Lost count of how many hours sleep have been lost so far through the series!! Highly recommended and thanks again.
on 19 August 2014
Being the 4th book in the series I would have thought that things couldn't get any more suspense or interesting- boy was I wrong! This series is amazing and I can't wait to read the next books. I could spend ages reading these books over and over again, they are just soooooooooooo griping. What I like most about this book is that things happen that are so unpredictable that it catches you by surprise, consequently you are persuaded to read on and see what happens. What I don't like about this series is that it would cost me 21pounds to buy the last 7 books(because the first 3 are free) although I can't moan at that really since they are reduced for the kindle. It costs £2:99 for one book instead of the actual paperback which is something like eight pounds! So really it's a bargain! I hope you enjoy reading this book and I really, really, really hope I have done enough to persuade you to purchase them. Happy reading!!!!!!!!!!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 November 2012
I can honestly say that I actually look forward to the release of the books in this series and I can't say that about a lot of books or authors.
Although I also really like Crane's fantasy series Defender: The Sanctuary Series, Volume One, there is something about this dystopian supernatural one that just ticks all the boxes for me.
The combination of a world full of meta humans and hybrids with unknown powers and extreme abilities combined with the almost heartwrenching tale of a girl who ultimately just yearns to belong with someone or something.
Crane manages to create a constant flow of energy, witty dialogue, sarcastic quips, nostalgic moments via film/music references with a solid cast of characters and a great story. Even his endings are commendable, because they are never cut off cliffhangers or boring platitudes. They are always an invitation to receive and expect an even better installment than the last.
The last book left the reader shocked by the return of Siennas mother and the betrayal of someone close. In this book Sienna starts to learn how to listen to Wolfe and Gavrikov, who in turn would rather live than die with her. Her inner and outer strength grow, as she is accused and doubted by others.
There were a few scenes in the book that were comedy gold. The Star Wars scenario and sparkly vampire quip really made me chuckle.
Thoroughly enjoyed this read.
I received a free copy of this book for my review.
on 7 January 2015
Its the constant pace of action that keeps you hooked, on otherwise flawed writing - not that unusual in this genre. Characterisation is imperfect, occasionally unbelievable, and the much of the plot and settings are derivative of other works. Nevertheless Crane improves with every published outing and has the makings of a solid writer.
on 27 March 2014
Have just finished the box set of the first three books (which i still need to review), i immediately went and downloaded the fourth, cant believe how great these books are. Don't know how to categorize them, i usually read chic-lit or horror or crime thrillers. Quite a diverse spectrum i know. i guess these books would fall under fantasy or sci- fi. I am a huge fan of marvel and dc films but wouldn't say that I'm a comic book geek (sorry if that's offensive, don't meant to be honest :)) i am a firm believer of the other world and all things spooky and strange. This series has totally gripped me, am rushing and warbling on so i can download the next book. If you like things that are different but with a decent plot and keep your mind adding the pieces together, mixed with the question of what really goes on in the world that we don't know about, GET THIS SERIES :)))))))))