It’s 200 years since nuclear war destroyed the world, and you’re just about to be let out for the first time. Combining a dark sense of humour and the best elements of action and role-playing games, there’s no world left to save in Fallout 3
. You search for your lost father and simply try to survive.
| Recruiting allies depends on your reputation and what you can offer them |
| This Mad Max-style world is not a pretty one |
| Mutants and crazed robots are common enemies |
| The targeting system allows you to take your time when combatting attackers |
In the post-apocalyptic world of Fallout 3, weapons and clothing have to be custom built. You'll make rocket launchers out of leaf blowers and patch together armour. Help on your journey comes from your trusty dog and a single other computer controlled companion, whom you can recruit and dismiss whenever you like. You best choose wisely, though, because this world is not a friendly one. Key Features
About the Developer: Bethesda Softworks
- You’re SPECIAL: Create a unique look for your character, and then train on key skills and define personality traits using the renowned SPECIAL statistics system.
- Pip pip: Fallout 3 is a complicated game, but the all-new PIPBoy 3000 personal computer makes it easy to track quests, examine maps, and receive clues on how to progress.
- VATS amazing: The combat system is called the Vault-tec Assisted Targeting System (VATS) and ensures you don’t need any arcade skills to play.
- Karma chameleon: You’re free to commit crimes and act however you want in the game, but people and factions will remember what you did and treat you accordingly.
- New beginning: Although this is a sequel set 36 years after the original games, it requires no prior knowledge of the previous titles, which are now over a decade old.
Best known for the epic The Elder Scrolls
series of role-playing games, American developer and publisher Bethesda has created many other innovative games, including The Terminator: Future Shock
--one of the first fully 3D first-person shooters--and a number of American sports sims.
* This item is only available for UK mainland delivery. Please contact us if you are interested in having this item sent elsewhere.
Collectors Edition Includes
- Fallout 3 game
- Metal Lunchbox
- 5" Vault-Boy Bobble-Head Figurine
- Fallout 3 Artbook
- "Making of Fallout 3" DVD
Vault 101 - Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom: Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience SPECIAL: Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation - the SPECIAL Character System! Utilising new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customisation of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- The Power of Choice: Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a good samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt