Vault 101 - Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Includes Fallout 3 and five expansion packs: Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.
- Limitless Freedom: Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience SPECIAL: Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation - the SPECIAL Character System! Utilising new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customisation of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- The Power of Choice: Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a good samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilised fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S.: Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows