Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Suki Ad Campaign Pieces Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now Halloween Pets Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Learn more Shop now
Customer Discussions > Fallout 3 (PS3) forum

Fallout 3 or Oblivion?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Feb 2010 21:01:19 GMT
hello im a big RPG fan and i was wonderring what should i buy Oblivion or Fallout 3 ? or maby both i cant decide :))

I want to know who has the better story and gameplay mechanics.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2010 11:54:35 GMT
L. Smith says:
hi, have played fallout 3 120+hours liked it but got very repetitive battle, stories are good and theres plenty to explore, i would recommend this and now comes with a few expansions but they are quite expensive.
oblivion on the other hand i barely started, its absolutly massive, i wouldnt have the time to enjoy it properly but word about says its the best elder scrolls. hope it been helpful and not too late

Posted on 27 Apr 2010 11:06:25 BDT
JWM says:
If you have the time buy both. Used copies won't cost too much

Posted on 13 Aug 2010 20:26:22 BDT
byekitty says:
i would stick with elder scrolls fallout 3 is hard to get into and i am finding it not nearly as enjoyable too repetative frustrating and difficult and full of glitches

Posted on 2 Sep 2010 05:34:36 BDT
First and foremost; both similar and are both great games. But less about the similarities (of which there are many) and more about the differences;

Oblivion is a larger game, there is more to do, and there is more to customise in the world. With access to mounts, creation of your own spell and items from the captured souls of your enemies, and so forth. Oblivion's character advancement is much better than Fallout, and it is skill based. As you use skills, those skills get better. The problem that exists in Fallout with the enemies getting harder as you do also exists, and one of my pet hates with Fallout 3 AND Oblivion. This phenomena mean that as you get tougher, if you dont level properly, the game gets harder (relative to your skills). There are amny more NPC's to interact with, and you can even contract Vampirism (from vampires of course) and get the benefits (and penalties) associated with the condition. What does Fallout 3 have over Oblivion? Graphics, and polish. Whilst Fallout 3 is buggy as hell, it pains me to admit it, but Oblivion is worse. Some quests can easily be broken meaning they cant be completed, glitches are common and voice acting is terrible (sometimes with different actors speaking different sentances in a conversation for the same person). If you like RPG's go for Oblivion, if you prefer the casual experience, go for Fallout 3.

In short, my preference is for Oblivion.

Posted on 13 Oct 2010 22:49:05 BDT
Fallout 3 all the way. Oblivion just didnt compel me enough to want to be bothered to play past the 1st couple of hours. Fallout 3 is so much easier to get into and more compelling, and it's different in the sense that its not a typical horse back riding/sword fighting RPG, if you get my drift. The atmosphere and characters in Fallout far surpass oblivion, I just didnt care about the story or characters in that game so soon became bored. Fallout 3 is huge with endless freedom but isnt overwhelming when it comes to the game play mechanics. Theres still lots of things you keep coming realising you can do but oblivion tends to throw everything at you without explaining how or why you should being doing most of those things.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fallout 3 (PS3) forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  15 Feb 2010
Latest post:  13 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fallout 3 (PS3)
Fallout 3 (PS3) by Bethesda (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (174)