Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Fallout 3 GOTY constantly freezes!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Nov 2010 22:17:56 GMT
Namelessone says:
The game incessantly freezes! I have an I5, ATI Radeon HD 5770, Windows 64-bit PC. It has all the latest drivers. I even limited the amount of cores to 2, by opening up the fallout.ini file. The problem was that I was having music/stuttering problems whilst loading the pip-boy. I rectified this problem by downloading the alchemy software for my creative audigy soundcard. The music plays in pip-boy and the stuttering now stops, but the game now freezes constantly! Any recommendations?

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 11:03:12 GMT
Ted says:
get a pc that isn't windows 7? seriously google fallout 3 crash or fallout 3 windows 7. to make matters worse it was released within the last 2 years and the publishers haven't released a patch...

Posted on 14 Dec 2010 03:57:49 GMT
This version of the game has serious issues.

I had the retail fallout 3 game and the addon retail pack and it ran fine on high settings with 1 or maybe 2 crashes in several months of play.

Bought new vegas and decided to leave till patched and bought the Fallout 3 GOTY edition and the only way I can get it to run for more than 15 mins without freezing / crashing / black screening etc is to run it windowed.

Posted on 17 Jan 2011 20:27:41 GMT
Don't understand either of the problems. I have the latest iteration of platform updated Vista Ultimate (so Windows 6.0 to 7's 6.1) and this games runs perfectly, with only four or five crashed in the fifty-odd hours I put into it. Personally, I think the game has deeper flaws than those mentioned above.

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 17:29:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jun 2012 17:30:39 BDT
N. Bolton says:
I completed the main game of Fallout 3 (GOTY) on Windows Vista with no problems but 2/3 through the expansions it now freezes within 10 seconds of gameplay.
Going back to old saves, starting a new game - it makes no difference.
Have latest drivers etc, tried all the "fixes" found on forums - nothing works.
Unfortunately the game has now become unplayable for some unknown reason.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2013 19:03:26 BDT
Old Jeffers says:
Fallout 3 was released in 2008. ( October 28) Why would Bethesda patch a 6 year old game?
This game will however run on Win 7 64 bit with an i7 processor.....Google for Fallout 3 in Win7 and
get yourself a fix. Not all fixes work for all people but there'll be one that will work for you.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2013 19:04:27 BDT
Old Jeffers says:
Fallout 3 was released in 2008. ( October 28) Why would Bethesda patch a 6 year old game?
This game will however run on Win 7 64 bit with an i7 processor.....Google for Fallout 3 in Win7 and
get yourself a fix. Not all fixes work for all people but there'll be one that will work for you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  10 Nov 2010
Latest post:  6 Jul 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about