on 15 September 2014
This book isn't just Falling Sky - it's an absolute roller coaster ride of emotions as life's ups and downs take Dylan and Sky to the pinnacle of happiness...and the despairing depths of losing everything, including those they love.

The cliffhanger at the end of Summer Sky is resolved in this one, but it's the sort of problem that can never be completely, perfectly resolved, due to the sheer nature of the issue. No, I'll give no spoilers on that.

As the rock and roll touring life spirals out of control again, Dylan needs his Sky more than ever - but Sky has her own issues to face. Life throws everything it has at these two and leaves you hanging on from start to finish, as you desperately need to know if love will be enough to carry them through.

A book about imperfect heroes and heroines learning to overcome the past in order to change the future, Falling Sky had me close to tears more than once. Just as I jumped straight from the ending of Summer Sky to the start of Falling Sky, I can't wait for the next book in this series to be released.

Five well-deserved stars.
on 5 June 2014
**I was extremely lucky to receive a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and fair review.**

Phew!! Here we are....Book two. An eagerly awaited sequel that was badly needed, to put straight the 100's of questions I had buzzing around from the end of Summer Sky. Anyone who has read Summer Sky knows how it ends, and how important it is to get hold of Falling Sky and find out what happened.
Summer Sky started Dylan and Sky's story. They crash into each other literally and find out just how hard it is to walk away. Through all the ups and downs they experience along the way, you can feel the building affection they have for each other, and just how strong it becomes. Yet, not all want Dylan and Sky to have their Happy Ever After. Sins of the past are dragged up and rehashed to cause some rifts between them. That is exactly how Summer Sky was left. A secret was confessed by someone and left Sky questioning Dylan.
Here we are in Falling Sky and it's four months later. Four months for Dylan and Sky to get on with their lives as they were before they met. They are both trying to survive and forget about each other, but that's never going to happen.

"Did it work?" I ask harshly, "Do you feel nothing?"
"Until I saw you again, then everything flooded in. I ache to have you back, Sky."

I'm not going to give any details, or spoilers away. It was quite a shocking and tense ending to Summer Sky and I really don't want to spoil the story by giving anything away.
I can only go on to say just how much I loved this conclusion to Sky and Dylan's story. Right from the start, I was transported straight back into their story. It hadn't felt like I had to wait at all. The uncertainty and confusion that Sky felt before had just multiplied and morphed into a sadness at not knowing anything for sure. I just felt so sad for both of them. They needed each other yet tried to move on, it didn't work. They obviously had something too strong to walk away from. Luckily we don't have to wait too much longer for explanations, that I was desperate to hear. I'm pretty sure Sky wanted to know too. ;)
It would seem this book is showing just how much the powers that be, want nothing more that to watch Dylan and Sky struggle, Everybody and everything conspiring against them. There is definitely not a dull moment. It was actually quite surprising just how many intense scenes there are in this part. So much going on at all times. Every time I composed myself after sitting with my mouth gaping open, or wiping more leakages from my eyes. I would then be thrown by the seat of my pants straight into another one. It was fantastic, I felt like an emotional mess though.
There was some really important scenes in this book that show another side to Jem. I always thought in Summer Sky just how much Jem was a typical, naughty, bad boy. A rock star with the most extreme edge. Yet, I learnt in this book so much more about Jem. It had me feeling so bad for him, like I wanted to give him a huge hug and lock him away for a while till he sorted himself out. (Not at all freaky, I know) It's made me so excited to read his story. I want to know more about the tormented guitarist, although he won't take my full attention from Dylan. Nobody does brooding like Dylan, but we learn he has his reasons too. The best part about a story that spans more than one book, is being able to learn so much more about the characters. We learn all about Dylan and Sky. Taking journeys into their past, seeing a side of Dylan we don't expect to see.

I choke back a laugh. "Dylan, were you a....?"
"Choirboy, yes" He's frowning but biting back a smile too.
He pokes me in the ribs. "Not exactly unusual for a Welsh boy who likes singing, huh?"
"No, I guess not. You looked adorable."
"Gah!" Dylan rolls his eyes.

It feels sad to come to the end of Dylan and Sky's journey. Yet, I loved every minute of it. From the searching for seashells in the sand, to snuggling on the sofa. Every moment was either, holding my breath - waiting to exhale or cheesy smiling at the perfectness of the moment. It may be the end for Dylan and Sky's story, but it is just the beginning for the rest of the Blue Phoenix boys and I'm stupidly excited! A 5* perfect sequel to a love story that began within a beautiful bubble by the sea.
on 6 June 2014
I was lucky enough to receive an early copy of the book for an honest review :)

**Contains Some Spoilers from the first book**

I'll start by saying a few of the series I read I have felt disappointed by the ending, this however was not the case of the Dylan/Sky Blue Phoenix series. After reading Summer Sky I had a major book hangover (I hadn't had one of those in a while) the rape scenario was one we don't see in the 'rockstar' books. Usually they are full of the cliche groupie cheating rubbish and secret babies bla bla.

I was excited to see what direction the rape allegation would be taken in and I wasn't disappointed. I don't want to give anything away but with this book I really felt like I never knew what was going to happen next. I'd teared up three times by about 30%, I also got angry with Dylan for being stupid and I also really felt for Sky. She wasn't the typical girl we see in most books that automatically forgives him the minute he walks back through her door, she really battled with her head and her heart which made it feel much more realistic. I think women these days are stronger in relationships, especially when wronged by a man and it was nice to see this reflected by Lisa in Sky.

Another nice part was getting to know the rest of Blue Phoenix better, Steve the band manager is up to no good and I feel he's going to be causing lots of problems with the band in the upcoming books. Bryn is still somewhat of a mystery and I imagine we'll find out a lot more about him in the next installment. Now Jem I was of the assumption he is a massive ahole which you will think for the majority of the book but then you start to see the cracks in him and in a way start to feel sorry for him (annoyingly). I think his book will be amazing & I am looking forward to October for that.

If I'm honest though Liam's story is the one I want to get stuck into, there's something big going on and I want to know what!

Overall I loved this story, it wasn't cliche it didn't have the typical soppy ending that most seem to have these days and it makes you happy (albeit a bit sad in the middle!) Please please read & Lisa you hurry up writing please!
on 15 June 2014
**I received an ARC for an honest review**

Let me start by saying that I loved Dylan in Summer Sky...as in, slightly obsessively, want to lick him all over loved! He is one of my all-time favourite book boyfriends: hot, angsty, poetic. So, as much as I was looking forward to Falling Sky, there was a sense of trepidation when I opened up my ARC - what if he changed? What if I didn't love him quite so much this time round?

Well, I'm finished with Fallen Sky...and I'm still in love with Dylan. Yet again, Lisa Swallow has produced an emotional narrative with a healthy sense of realism. I love how her characters are flawed and make mistakes. This is life.

I can't wait for the next Blue Phoenix novel!

"Some say fate is written in the stars, and that we're all made of pieces of the universe. If that's true, what I have with Dylan makes sense. Our stars exploded long ago, the debris scattering across time. When we met the pieces pulled together, tiny fragments missing from our hearts and souls found their place."
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 January 2016
There is more heartache for Dylan and Sky...in fact, it's one thing after another! At times, this story started to remind me of the 'Thoughtless Trilogy' in that just as things look like they're going OK for the couple, something else comes along to cause problems!

I did find myself a bit bored at times, I felt the story was dragging but it also spent time setting up the other books for the other band members, which I am interested to read. I liked Dylan and Sky and I like the authors writing style. It was interesting to read about Dylan's life in the band and the consequences of the papparazzi etc. I'm sure most of what went on definitely goes on in real life as well! I started picturing the band as 'One Direction' ha ha!

They get their happy ever after, but no doubt we will continue to read about Dylan and Sky in the other books as their story was not exactly complete. Jem's is the story that intrigues me the most but I shall read the books in order.
on 7 August 2014
*****5- Lisa Swallow is BAD for my sanity -Stars*****
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

Why didn't I fight for Sky? I've asked myself the question over and over, and at the heart of why is fear. A fear of resurrecting the past I deny and pulling myself back down.
I'm scared of seeing hatred in the eyes of the girl who believed in the person I could be.

~Once again Lisa Swallow has done what she does best, she likes to do a little tap dance on my heart while I jump back and forth between screaming in frustration and bawling my eyes out as I'm simultaneously turned on. Yeah, that's takes skill.~

Four months have passed since Sky's world fell apart. She's not quite sure what to believe about the accusations made against Dylan, but seeing as he has given her no explanation at all, she assumes the worst and tries her very best to move on. Dylan isn't doing much better, he's falling back into old habits to cope with the life he was trying to get away from and his Summer Sky is never far from his mind. Returning home to England brings him too close to Sky to continue avoiding her-he has to see her again, explain things, even though he knows showing her his dark past may push her away forever, she has to know the truth.
As they attempt to rebuild the connection they found in Broadbeach, knowing being apart is just not an option, they need to learn to trust in each other and open up while keeping the outside world at bay. That is easier said than done when being thrust back into the Blue Phoenix world has people from all directions trying to keep them apart.

I want to kiss him so much, but I'm scared of letting myself give in to the swirling hormones that will lead me to his bed. I'm already locked back into Dylan's orbit, but there's a huge trust issue in the way. Not the accusations, which I believe aren't true, but the fact he didn't tell me and ran instead. I'm vulnerable and unsure.

There really is nothing calm or simple about these books, if your looking for hearts and rainbows-you will not find it here. While the story does revolve around two people who love each other very much, there is just so much working against them. Insecurities, bad judgment, ghost from the past that will not just go away, drug & alcohol abuse, pissed off band members, and the press spinning ridiculous stories out of nothing. Every time you start to breathe just a little bit, something else blows up in their face making you desperately wish these two could just catch a damn break. But this is why Lisa is so very bad for my sanity, I swear she gets off by driving us insane-however, at least she fixes me up in the end. While I was happy this story didn't end with a gutwrenching cliffhanger like the first book, I was still left with some questions: not everything was wrapped up in a pretty little bow which just makes me all the more anxious to get my greedy little hands on the next book in the series. One thing is for sure, this book proved to me yet again why Lisa Swallow has permanently landed herself on my 'One-Click Addiction' list and I don't see her going anywhere any time soon. But I'm totally okay with that ;)

He taught me that love isn't something you find in the places you look hardest, but love is something that finds you. A part of Dylan lives in the center of who I am-in my body, heart and soul. He is all my todays and every tomorrow, forever.

xo Jenn @ Bookworm Betties
on 23 June 2015
Falling Sky is the sequel to Summer Sky, and this next instalment in this series was delivered with more substance than the first book. Usually, follow up books can be disappointing, and never quite live up to the first book. In case of Falling Sky, I enjoyed the continuing story of Dylan and Sky, just as much as I did in Summer Sky, if not even more so. Credit should been given to Lisa Swallow for not resting on her laurels, and instead of simply reproducing much of same as to what was in the first book, she was creative enough to give the reader a thoughtful and comprehensive story.

Dylan was once again depicted with an endearing quality, which made me warm to him even more this time around. I felt that the manner in which Dylan's famous lifestyle was somewhat understated throughout the book, made me connect with the story more willingly - thank goodness for the absence of the of the pretentious, arrogant rock star!

The only negative with Fallen Sky for me is, Sky was somewhat of a 'drama queen' with her dilemmas - everything about what was going on in her life appeared to be too much for her, and this became irritating after a while.

Apparently, there will be final instalment to this series, Forever Sky, in late 2015, and I have enjoyed both previous books enough to want to continue to read what happens next.
on 24 July 2015
OMG! A real page turner - couldn't put it down! After reading the 1st book in the series - which I very nearly didn't get past the 3rd page - I had to download this, the 2nd in the series. Great storyline, loved the characters - you feel a part of the book. Found myself wiling Sky and Dylan to get their happy ending- did they?? Well, you will have to read the book!! Cannot wait for the third book - note to author - please don't leave the next instalment too long!
on 18 April 2015
I raced through this second installment, eager to know how things would end up for Sky and Dylan. I loved how both of them matured and developed as characters and how their relationship changed from being a sort of 'crutch' to a true partnership.

I still love this author's writing though there were parts of the dialog that felt unnatural. Personally, I believe she missed a couple of plot opportunities, especially with Lily and Sky's break-in. (Partly because I just don't want their story to end.)

The last quarter of the book I was waiting for something climactic to happen but it didn't. It was only at the end that I realized this is the last story centering on Sky and Dylan and I'm pretty heartbroken because I am not ready to say goodbye to them yet.

I've no interest in reading Liam's book. We barely got to hear from him in Book 1 & 2 so I don't feel any connection to him and Honey is just uugghh - a stereotypical gold-digger. I won't be checking out that book, however, I'm really interested to read Jem's story. He was a really interesting character - flawed, troubled and majorly hitting the self-destruct button.

Overall, this was a great read and this is a gem of a series.
on 10 June 2014
A wonderful ending to a whirl wind romance. If you haven't read book 1 read it, then read this one. What a compression of emotion and turmoil and drama! and of course love and heartbreak! its written well, i love the characters. I thoroughly enjoyed these books, I can not wait for more to be released by this author; shes one to watch! well done! x